Please enter your feature suggestion...

Remove games from the apps list

Remove the games from the apps list. In Wp 8 they are in Games Hub but in WP8.1 is in the apps list and make a really confusion. Please games only in Games Hub.

23,395 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ítalo Emanoelítalo Emanoel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

Thank you for this suggestion. However, based on feedback from other customers to improve discoverability, we felt that the best way was to allow users to find downloaded games in the Games Hub and All Apps List

356 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BizattsBizatts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or how about giving consumers a choice.When you first go into game hub it can ask how you want the games displayed

• OliverOliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's all well and good but there should be an option in the games settings allowing users to turn this off if they desire. I liked the fact that my games were all in one section and now my app list just feels cluttered. I don't need half my apps to be in two places.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not completed. We want games removed from the app list and put back in the games hub. Until that happens, this is not complete. If you wish, make a toggle to show or hide games from the app list, but do not force us all to put up with it.

• coipcoip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"based on feedback from other customers to improve discoverability, we felt that the best way was to allow users to find downloaded games in the Games Hub and All Apps List" - Mobile Guru

Huh? This Uservoice suggestion has more votes than any other one, including any prior to WP8.1 asking for games to adulterate the app list. What an idiotic response. What's next, listing all my .mp3 songs individually in the app list too? The app list is now completely worthless it's so cluttered up with apps and games. Separate them, like they were before. And don't give us some nonsense like you wrote above. Hogwash.

• mauricemaurice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could the games tile (and maybe settings>apps>games) have an option to hide games from the app list? I think the best way for this is not to force it one way or the other, but to allow the user to decide. I understand why it was done but as a regular user I know where the games are and for me this makes the apps list long and messy...

• StygStyg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Leave games hub how it was....or make an option...and please make an option for the menu alphabetical thing to...don't like that alphabetical cases..or make an option for this to...
        Windows 8.1 it's great but it would be greater with that two options...

• JackJack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very impressed with the 8.1 update so far, after installing it last night. That is, with one exception. I do not want to deal with the clutter of all the games sprinkled amongst the apps list. Please give us an option to leave games in the games hub only. If you want to have a default setting for discoverability that places the games in the app list, fine. Please give us an option to change this though. The game icons look out of place and add an immense amount of clutter to an otherwise snappy, streamlined interface.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't complete until the Games are removed from the Apps list. That is the purpose of the request.

If you feel so led, then you can add a toggle in settings or the games hub: 'Show Games in App list and the Games Hub'

But this is one of the reasons I reverted back to 8.0 (other reasons: http://wp.me/p1fLW2-8L)

• Luke McDougaldLuke McDougald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feedback didn't ask the ones who liked it how it is. But the option to hide things in hubs within each hub would be brilliant. This could extend to lenses and the camera, photo editors and photos, and other options as well. Toggles within each of these individually would make for the best experience.

Beyond that, I suggest making a true hub app an option for any dev, so I could, say, include my app in some niche category that my target audience would have many apps for. Say a business user with a travel hub, etc. Reducing clutter in this fashion seems like an ideal option and the user feedback should give way to the functional compromise.

• omni rhythmomni rhythm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it's strength in numbers, I'm sure more people would vote for this, me for example. At least an option to revert would be nice, you took a lot of steps forward with the 8.1 update so it's a real shame that you took this, personally, big step back. (app list is the second most essential screen on the entire phone)

I personally see it as causing clutter and mixing apples and oranges. Having games in a tidy, separate games list, pinned to start which required a single tap felt intuitive enough,I don't understand how having to plow through one's app list makes it easier.
        Over time, one has to remember the name/first letter of each game since visual skimming was made harder by to having to filter out the other apps while doing so. It's even tedious to just describe how tedious it is :)

• Adam BonischAdam Bonisch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least make an option in phone settings for allowing us to decide where we should find the games - in the games hub, or in the applications list.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think so too, it should belong in the games hub not in two places or everywhere.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There no foldders in app menu. Game hub was that, and helps prevent mess in apps. Now MS deside to abuse us and removes las light.

• Christian Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like this idea. Nothing wrong with having two places for games to show up in. Games are apps, games also show up in the games hub. Not bad or wrong with that.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, otherwise..it beats the purpose of having a "Games" hub.
        Having all the games under "Games" hub makes it more organized and also less clustered.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base