Please enter your feature suggestion...

Shortcut for Bing Vision

When Cortana replaced the WP8 Search the bing vision shortcut disappeared. You now have to dig through camera and change the lens to get Bing Vision to scan bar codes and such. Please put a shortcut to Bing Vision either on the Cortana screen (next to the music search would be fine) or provide a mechanism to pin Bing Vision to the start.

4,594 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael WoodMichael Wood shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was a major feature for me. I don't understand why you broke it and stripped it down. Did someone complain that the feature was there?

• Jonathan AdamsJonathan Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed. Just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get to it. It's needlessly complicated. They kept the music search with the icon near the top, why not put an eye icon near the top as well? Seems like a big oversight to remove the way people are accustomed to getting to something.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And restore Bing Vision to what it used to be. Heck, try and out "Fire Phone" the Amazon Fire Phone's ability to just look at something and figure out what it is, and get you information about it. I don't mean auto-link to Amazon naturally, but just be able to do some sort of matching or look-ups above and beyond what the old Bing Vision used to support. DON'T GO BACKWARDS HERE.

• Adam BoltAdam Bolt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree. Would also like to see a short cut that allows access to the original Bing search page and Bing Vision

• munafarmunafar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need bing vision to scan QR code immediately. I don't want waste my time to open default camera and I don't want to add any third party apps in my phone.

I suggest single tap will open then bing vision and double tap or long tap will open the cortana.

• Mudassir MehmoodMudassir Mehmood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pin Bing Vision to Start. That would be even great. Just 1 tap away. Before, it was 2.

And besides that, we are not requesting a new feature. Its already there, just need a shortcut.

• Gadget geekGadget geek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially because of the missing camera button on phones like the Lumia 630 and 530!

This can't be tolerated any more. Maybe a double tap of the search button can launch the QR scanner and it would be great if Cortana can provide audible feedback once something has been scanned especially if it's hard to see the screen in order to scan something properly.

• Damon RusselDamon Russel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This is something I would use much more frequently if it was as easy to get to as it used to be. It would be nice if you could Pin any of the Camera "Lens" apps to the start screen, including Bing Vision.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again, the kindergartens from Microsoft playing around the software.... I don't even know what's gotten into their minds, removing bing vision from search YET music search remains. Hahahahahaha

I Wish there is also a dev voice from Microsoft where the designers can explain their rationale for doing this craziness...

• RyderRyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's impossible to access and find the Big Vision App in the camera area. Can it not be added into the top within Cortana as many have suggested? This is where many of would expect to fid the service.

It could at least be an executable spoken command from Cortana but evidently this was too difficult to work out. Some of the crazy UI decisions make simply no sence. Instead of making the UI more difficult to use how about improving it? This new 8.1 update is nothing but a massive failure. I am getting more and more disillusioned the more I attempt to use this update. Very depressed.

• Kaichi IizukaKaichi Iizuka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Turn off Location (use the new action center) and the old Bing Search will come back when you hit the search button. When Location is on Cortana comes up. Hope this helps!

• Tim FentonTim Fenton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is definitely a major change...just adding a subtle eye right next to the music note on cortana would be fine, but should definitely be there...

• John FreimanJohn Freiman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding back Bing Vision to Search/Cortana is even more important now that Amazon announced their Fire Phone.

The Fire Phone has "taken" Bing Vision and wrapped it inside the Amazon walled garden.

Please bring back Bing Vision in a meaningful way -- I can't bare to imagine how much more difficult Christmas shopping will be this coming year without it! :D

Cortana Vision?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base