Please enter your feature suggestion...

Bring back the original photos hub in 8.1

The photos hub is one of the reasons I feel in love with windows phone. Now that the original hub is replaced in WP 8.1, it feels like it is less metro, less personal, and less beautiful. Please bring back the old photos hub. Please do not strip features but improve on them. I am looking forward to this. Please. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

458 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • urbanurban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i too feel that the original photos hub was one of the best feature of windows phone 8, would like to tell microsoft to bring it back

• Angus LoAngus Lo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally understand what Joe Belfiore means about 99% of the time people go to 'Camera Roll', but I really don't mind that extra one tap for a more beautiful and unique experience.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys. Stop whining and just make a hard reset, worked for me . Microsoft screwed another product up ( XP to Vista / 360 to one ) and you can't blame them . It's a problem with a company that always reaches perfection .

But to the main topic : 8.1 brings tones of changes . Some are good like the action center . More tails on screen and yeah .. That was is . There are definitely some minor updates as well but idk.

I talk about why I did a hard reset : I got myself a winphone because it was different , better unique. You had everything in one hub ( photos and all the stuff related / music&video hub - loved it . Hated Xbox music and video from the beginning ) and so on. But 8.1 took that away . And made me rage ! Right now ,, I hate ms . And if that's where windows phone is going we have a future together .

• BorisBoris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss deep integration with Facebook and OneDrive. In WP8 I was able to choose any image from those services when adding the picture in any app. With WP8.1 I can't do it anymore, since Insert Picture dialog now gives access only to local photos :(

• James RJames R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this is how MS believes Windows Phone should look - black, stark, Soviet, static, and dull, then count me out. Hubs are why I went Windows Phone instead of Android. Everything integrated and in one place. Now, app, app, app, app, app. We did have a Zune hub, now we have X-Box Music, X-Box Video, Podcasts, FM Radio, no audiobook support, and a separate Windows Phone synch app. Where's the logic in this?

Scrap this horrible photo app and restore the Photo Hub! http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/5732950-do-not-change-photos-hub-style-in-windows-phone-8

A number of other horrible changes are in WP8.1 (http://wp.me/p1fLW2-8L) if you haven't gotten the Developer Preview. Please check that post out and vote on every link you agree with. We have to make our voices heard so that Windows Phone doesn't destroy everything that made it unique!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's MS thinking? Instead of delivering more new features, they waste resources messing around with things that work perfectly and make WP stand out. Photo Hub is just one example. The Store app is worse and so is the messaging hub. The PMs on these features need to be shown the door.

• EspHackEspHack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

exactly what i was going to say, i hope they are just improving it and left us with an unfinished app in the dev preview

• sKsK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They've totally stripped out the features from the previous Hub!!!

Most importantly, you can't go to the PEOPLES heading and view each of your contacts photos from Facebook and OneDrive.

For example a family member's photos from OneDrive and Facebook which they have shared, are all aggregated in one place in the Photos Hub (under People). It makes for easy viewing.

Now, all you can do is view your own photos. The way that they've arranged for a separate Facebook and OneDrive folder is a navigational nightmare. Totally unintutive with excessive Tiled thumbnail scrolling.

At least bring back the nice, TEXT headings for some variation in the 'file system' UI.

• HarryHarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY DONT YOU JUST BRING FORWARD ALL FEATURES OF 8.0 and OPTIMIZE IT IN 8.1?!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want the "Share to SkyDrive" option back. Using those "rooms" or the OneDrive app is a pain.

• sneaker91sneaker91 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I very strongly agree with everything in your statement. There were many features in 8.0 that should have been left alone. There was no need to mess with them especially the pictures hub.

• windows loverwindows lover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also in the people hub, the recent contract list disappeared..and all contracts are displayed while the contract list is accessed from the phone hub (call history), even though I chose to filter some in the people hub... Could these be changed. Please

• windows loverwindows lover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also the video hub gives least importance to the personal video section.. And music hub doesn't have my radio apps.. Annoying

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base