Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BrendanBrendan shared a merged idea: Sync outlook  ·   · 
    judynjudyn shared a merged idea: Sync in WM 7  ·   · 
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

738 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousrAnonymousr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are several Android apps that allow synchronization with Outlook. I use MyPhoneExplorer that can be downloaded from the Play Store for free. It works fine and my calendar and address book sync better than when MS allowed synchronization back in WP 6.x. Give up on MS and get an Android. I have a great phone and don't have to argue with MS any more about an obvious feature that should be in their product.

There is an appropriate use of the cloud but this is not necessarily it. it isn't for me and millions of others. With Android, I can sync with USB, bluetooth, or WiFi at my option.

BTW, there is a reason MS has a market share that has dropped to 3% from 18% in the phone market. I suspect there is a reason why. I doubt that their cloud strategy regarding phone sync has made up for it. I hope they have had a good return on their Nokia investment.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to download games,songs n videos in Lumia 530 mbl.......i dnt evn hve any Microsoft account bt windows phone is asking me to use password fa the Microsoft account.so when I dnt have an account how can I use any password?

• Night RangerNight Ranger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently I'm looking for a smartphone that can be synchronized to MS Outlook which Android cannot.
        But apparently Microsoft don't need customer like me. Should I go back to blackberry with their BDM?
        Or at least please reactivate Nokia PC Suite.

you say: "We’re always listening!", but are you doing anything about it?
        i already got 2 updates for my WP and still i can't sync via USB my Microsoft Windows Phone with YOUR OWN outlook application.
        plus, why do i have to use WI FI to download something when i got over a GB to access the internet?
        Can i use my own device to connect to the internet? or do i have to get an android phone to do that?
        Maybe you should use an android device to get some ideias.
        Or Microsft's ideia is to get out of the phone market? if so, forget my comment. you are doing a great job .

• Richard CRichard C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Poster wrote: "When the phone is just inches from the PC or laptop, there is no earthly reason to take the tortuous route of going to an internet account to update your hardware."

~~~~~~~reply~~~~~~~~~~

But, poster! MSFT keeps saying they are "a cloud company." <note the sarcasm>

But well said!

MSFT, this is an easy fix. Make cloud sync optional at EVERY level, where "N" = No, direct sync (no cloud):

Video Y/N
        Images Y/N
        Music Y/N

OUTLOOK

Calendar
        - Calendar 1 Y/N
        - Calendar 2 Y/N
        Tasks Y/N
        Contacts
        - Contacts Folder 1 Y/N
        - Contacts Folder 2 Y/N
        - Contacts Folder 3 Y/N
        - ......... (personally, I have about 30
        Contact sub-folders)
        Etc.

OneNote Y/N

Etc.

For example, I have some of my 30 Contact folders I wouldn't mind having cloud access to. But others folders (e.g., Clients) I maintain sensitive info that CAN NOT cross a cloud.

Images, music... THAT'S the purpose of the cloud. If your 20-something and the bulk of your computer/phone use is music, apps, communicating with college friends, being glued to social media.... THAT'S the purpose of the cloud (and there's a better phone for all that c#^p).

Compete with Apple, fine. BUT DON'T DO SO AT THE EXPENSE OF YOUR CORE PRODUCTIVITY-FOCUSED CUSTOMER!

• waldlaeuferinwaldlaeuferin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to TURN OFF syncing OneNote on my phone. I have big notebooks on the tablet and whenever my phone is connected by wi-fi and I use Onenote it tries to sync those but I don't need them at all on the phone AND they can't be pushed on the sd-card and gobble up precious local storage space so I don't use OneNote on the phone any more which is a pity because I like it very much

I am Anonymousr - see my comment on 12-11-14 (although I made that comment, it was not then - but, this is a microsoft site and they can't do much well, can they?) - anyway, as to your concerns about sharing Excel and other files, they work great on Android with the stock apps. Take your Nokia 930 back to wherever you got it and get a phone that has an operating system designed for users, not designed to suit the strategies and policies established by microsoft. They will give you a refund, I am sure.

I really am disappointed that I can't appear to update or exchange excel files on my Nokia 930. One of the reasons I brought Nokia was BECAUSE it was a microsoft product and so I stupidly thought I'd be able to use files across phone and laptop...or perhaps I can but you're not doing a very good job of advertising it. This and other failures in you range of apps is making me regret moving over from my Androids phone... I should have researched more instead of just assumed I suppose...a bitter lesson that I will definitely learn from...

CostBuster - AT&T took my Windows phone back gladly and gave me an android phone. I had a
        Windows phone for years but like the new (well, new when WP7 came out - a long time ago now) much better than the Windows phone. It is a much better phone and operating system AND it syncs with Wifi, bluetooth, or USB using MyPhoneExplorer, a free android app. It works great.

• CostBusterCostBuster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like I made a big mistake buying a windows phone. I'm telling all my friends not to do that. The phone is not a toy for me, it's a tool in work. I used to have windows mobile, and I kept all my contacts, diary, notes, etc syncronized. It was easy via USB. Now it's just a headache. I wish I bought an Android.

1 - I don't want an idiotPhone - I refuse to give any money to the guys who dissed Bill Gates for years, and then turned around and used his idea on steroids, without so much as a "you were right." Apple-Schmapple.
        2 - Google's Android is a bastardized "open ware" O/S that stole thousands of lines of code wholesale from Microsoft. I don't support dishonest business practices.
        3 - Windows Mobile was elegant and I had truly SMART phones: the Motorola Q, and the Q9c on VZW - I still use the Q9c as a PDA. They are essentially fully-functional PCs with telephony.
        OTOH - 4 - Windows Phone is a giant leap backwards and downward from Windows Mobile. The new interface will keep a 12-year-old entertained, but it no longer even pretends to be a productivity tool.
        "Cloud" computing may be attractive to those with ADHD, but most business professionals I know have an actual desk where they do work. The phone - even if it WAS smart - is for interim use, not the main computing device. When not at a PC or laptop, the phone's primary purpose is to keep you in CONTACT - hence, a need to sync directly via USB. When the phone is just inches from the PC or laptop, there is no earthly reason to take the tortuous route of going to an internet account to update your hardware.
        I don't mind if Windows Phone continues as competition for Apple, but I'll never buy one.
        But I'll be the first to own a new Windows Mobile 6.6 SmartPhone. Microsoft needs to consider returning to a productivity platform, and let the toys go to the children.

• FerdinandoFerdinando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that sync directly to Outlook should be normal activities, not a special function.
        Please upgrade it!

• Norbert BeilNorbert Beil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make syncing connection with Outlook 2007 easier, from WP 8.1, pls! WITHOUT having to hard reset. My syncing worked for months, after removing MSN account from Outlook, after persistent Connector refusal to make connection, I cannot install a new account (same MSN account name), which actually connects. I do NOT seem to be the only one, experiencing this fault. Thanks!

• Tamer QarrainTamer Qarrain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How come a "Windows" phone cant sync to Windows Outlook and Contacts directly! While I can with my Apple phone!! This is just ridiculous!!

Need the blutooth sync feature. Will *not* accept sync thru "cloud", "sky", NSA, SpyNet, SkyNet, etc.

Shame on Microsoft for giving in on NSA demands.

i'm really disappointed by this impossibility to directly sync my new windows phone 8 with outlook like i used to with my Nokia N series. HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR SUCH A BASIC FUNTIONALITY THAT USED TO BE THE PRIDE OF WINDOWS USERS. It's really a shame that ipone and android users can sync with windows outlook while windows phone users can't ...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36

Feedback and Knowledge Base