Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BrendanBrendan shared a merged idea: Sync outlook  ·   · 
    judynjudyn shared a merged idea: Sync in WM 7  ·   · 
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

721 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jean-Louis AllardJean-Louis Allard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do we have, Microsoft customers, to use a third party software to synchronize a Windows phone and a pc Windows with Microsoft Office to transfert contacts, calendar, tasks and NOTES without using cloud?
        ActiveSync did that perfectly in the past!
        Could be a point to not purchase that kind of phome, competitors have the answer!

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to sync office files on my pc to wp8.1, why is that so damned difficult?

• AnonymousrAnonymousr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, and while they listen, their market share since Windows Phone 6.1 and 6.5 has shrunk from 18% to 3%, if I recall the statistics correctly. And, they purchased Nokia's phone business. This was their market to have and they have totally ignored a large slice of their customer base.

BTW, AT&T took back my Windows phone when I purchased it and gave me an Android phone. I use MyPhoneExplorer to sync with Bluetooth, WiFi, or USB.

• KenKen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I must say I do love the Admin response, particularly the last sentence....

"While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!"

LOL, this and the number one item with nearly 12,000 votes has been number one priority for USERS for nearly 5 YEARS. MS may be listening, but they sure aren't doing...

If you add up all the "sync" suggestion votes, I'd say they outpace all the other suggestions COMBINED.

To put it bluntly MS: get your act together.

Well, I will go ahead and install Win 10 on it as a test device, but I'm sticking with my HTC for Day to Day use.

Who knows, maybe MS will actually get the hint. Haha, I know, I know.

As it was when we stopped using Windows phones, THIS failure in product design is alone, enough of a non-starter to keep us from going back to Windows phones. In our case, it's cost them at least 8 devices worth of product since they went to Windows Phone 7.

Again, shame since I actually like the phone itself, but if "simplifying" our lives is made more complicated by using a Windows phone, well...

Argh.... This is so infuriating! I just started going through the process of syncing contacts and calendar with the Windows phone and forget it. I'm mothballing this phone until MS gets their act together.

In the meantime, thank you HTC Sync Manager! Seamlessly allows me to sync my Outlook Calendar, contacts, etc... with my HTC One. Nice.

It's as if HTC wants you to use THEIR product AND MS Outlook. So weird that Microsoft doesn't want you using a Windows phone AND Outlook.

This is insane:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2844991/en-us

I can not believe I have to go through all this trouble to sync a Windows product (Outlook) with a Windows product (Windows Phone 8.1).

I got this phone (Lumia 635) for free since I was moving to a new service (I didn't need it since my wife is keeping her new old phone, but since I'm testing the Windows 10 Insider Preview I figured it would be a good opportunity to see if you've fixed things since Windows Phone 7 and to test Windows 10 on the device).

I used to be a Windows Phone user UNTIL Phone 7. I've used Android devices, specifically HTC devices, since then BECAUSE the integration and syncing with my MICROSOFT products are seamless.

This is such a shame.

• Kevin RingerKevin Ringer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't believe WP7 didn't sync with Outlook desktop. I thought this had been fixed for WP8. If it isn't fixed I won't buy another Windows phone.

• Windows 8 phone ownerWindows 8 phone owner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 6.1 came with ActiveSync for Windows XP and we need something similar for Windows 8 phone and Windows 7 (or 8.1). It is an important necessity. Cloud based interface is not helpful.

• Cor BeagleCor Beagle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Bought a Lumia 830, cause of the possibility to Change a Accu, and a extra SD Card up to 128 GB. All nice, but one big major problem is that syncing Contacts and Mail with Outlook 97 is not possible with my WP8.1 Phone. Now I have to change to app ins Windows 8.1 to get control over my contacts en appointments.

MS Windows does apparently listen to consumers wishes.
        I do not like skydrive, since it is not secure for American Gouvernment and why changing to a system which is createtd to manipulate users, and as next step to pay for
        Skydrive.
        which is a terrible bad and not to control system. I am thinking to install Windows 7 instead of 8.1.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is now a program that allows to sync directly with Outlook.

http://www.akruto.com/f-a-q/

Only a few people seem to know about it but it works exceptionally well to sync Outlook data directly with Outlook through Wi-Fi (no cloud).

• BluetoothBluetooth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Nokia N8 wants to get retired, but a Windows Phone device can't yet substitute it: sync from phone to PC directly (via USB and WLAN) is essential. I will not go via the cloud.
        Furthermore outlook features e.g. categories, copy/paste calendar entries have to be implemented first.

• AnonymousrAnonymousr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are several Android apps that allow synchronization with Outlook. I use MyPhoneExplorer that can be downloaded from the Play Store for free. It works fine and my calendar and address book sync better than when MS allowed synchronization back in WP 6.x. Give up on MS and get an Android. I have a great phone and don't have to argue with MS any more about an obvious feature that should be in their product.

There is an appropriate use of the cloud but this is not necessarily it. it isn't for me and millions of others. With Android, I can sync with USB, bluetooth, or WiFi at my option.

BTW, there is a reason MS has a market share that has dropped to 3% from 18% in the phone market. I suspect there is a reason why. I doubt that their cloud strategy regarding phone sync has made up for it. I hope they have had a good return on their Nokia investment.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to download games,songs n videos in Lumia 530 mbl.......i dnt evn hve any Microsoft account bt windows phone is asking me to use password fa the Microsoft account.so when I dnt have an account how can I use any password?

• Night RangerNight Ranger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently I'm looking for a smartphone that can be synchronized to MS Outlook which Android cannot.
        But apparently Microsoft don't need customer like me. Should I go back to blackberry with their BDM?
        Or at least please reactivate Nokia PC Suite.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37

Feedback and Knowledge Base