Please enter your feature suggestion...

Blinking LED notification for Missed Calls Email SMS

Display a blinking LED notification when there are missed calls, voicemails, emails, text messages (SMS) etc waiting for you. Also, a blue LED when Bluetooth is on would be a great option. It enables the user to know something is awaiting is attention by just looking at it, without even picking up the phone. No more turning on Power to know what awaits you.

52,119 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WP7 UserWP7 User shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    HoussamHoussam shared a merged idea: Display a blinking LED notification when there are missed calls, voicemails, emails, text messages (SMS) etc ...  ·   · 
    DavidDavid shared a merged idea: Chose windows key light as a breath light  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Windows button as notification LED  ·   · 
    Giovanni Giovanni shared a merged idea: Use the center button serves as LED  ·   · 
    Kamik W.Kamik W. shared a merged idea: Lumia 920 Notification LED Windows Logo Button  ·   · 
    Joep van HaasterJoep van Haaster shared a merged idea: Blincking notification LED  ·   · 
    ValaVala shared a merged idea: Blinking "Windows button" as the notification LED.  ·   · 
    GarryGarry shared a merged idea: notification light for missed calls and messages  ·   · 
    hellerz85hellerz85 shared a merged idea: Enable Phone LED to notify of incoming txts, emails, etc. with different colors.  ·   · 
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

Thanks for your missed calls suggestion. Always great to see such great feedback and excitement about this feature and while we didn’t implement this exactly this way, we have made it possible for device manufacturers to deliver notifications without having to wake the phone up. For example, Nokia’s Glance screen shows you time and missed notifications without having to wake the phone up.

1071 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Teesh YalamanchiliTeesh Yalamanchili commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Mobile Guru - Yes Nokia's glance screen does this but not all manufacturers have this feature and the LED notifications is pretty industry standard - at least on Android but I think on iOS too. Windows Mobile had this feature for sure.

• TaraTara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They should do this with a cylon-esque red bouncing light. :-)

• MuhammadMuhammad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android features allows dialling a number send through sms, where as window phone doe ****.
        2) The call record is not comprehensive as of android or old nokia phones.

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will buy a Lumia as soon as they come with LED Notification
        Bonus if you can change the colour

No LED Notif = No buy Lumia.

• NyckyNycky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Microsoft icon LED, with Microsoft's logo color on top or the Windows button itself, which can give the user freedom to choose which color a certain notification will power. Additional, it can have the option to light all the color (but probably might consume a lot of the phone's battery)

*A fade in/fade out behavior for the LED.

A very useful feature for Microsoft's planned 'business phones'

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

windows button should be used as notification light,,, when missed call or msg come up the light of that windows home button should popup

I would like an app to have the LED light as a notification signal when calls or sms are coming. This feature is available in android would love in Microsoft too.

• ByteaterByteater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With my good old Nokia E52, with hardware frontal flash led, I was awared of missed calls and messages (it's an important and seriuos thing), just taking a rapid look to my phone even far from my position and even in the dark.
        With my Lumia 735, when I miss an important and urgent call, I know it too late and waste time.

Please bring this feature back and an app for a glance screen. Why does Microsoft do everything it possibly can to alienate old Nokia users?

• JeromeJerome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very basic, very mandatory and a huge step back from my Android.

• Timothy SmithTimothy Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I for one Do Not want this if it is mandatory those LED notifications take extra power that isn't needed. If implemented make optional.

This is a very serious comment. Windows phone doesn't have a system of LED notifications. This is taking steps backward. For people who want to conserve battery, and not have the glance screen on, LED notifications are a must. A hardware LED light was so sorely missed on my Lumia 520 a year ago when I had it, and when I switched to the Moto G it was one of the most welcome changes. Windows phone is amazing, but no led lights -_-

Plz give a flash light with incoming call on Lumia 925.
        It's just a interesting one.. Very very disappointed this apps are no one on windows phone store.. Plz give more different..

← Previous 1 3 4 5 53 54

Feedback and Knowledge Base