Please enter your feature suggestion...

Blinking LED notification for Missed Calls Email SMS

Display a blinking LED notification when there are missed calls, voicemails, emails, text messages (SMS) etc waiting for you. Also, a blue LED when Bluetooth is on would be a great option. It enables the user to know something is awaiting is attention by just looking at it, without even picking up the phone. No more turning on Power to know what awaits you.

46,830 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WP7 UserWP7 User shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    HoussamHoussam shared a merged idea: Display a blinking LED notification when there are missed calls, voicemails, emails, text messages (SMS) etc ...  ·   · 
    DavidDavid shared a merged idea: Chose windows key light as a breath light  ·   · 
    Giovanni Giovanni shared a merged idea: Use the center button serves as LED  ·   · 
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

Thanks for your missed calls suggestion. Always great to see such great feedback and excitement about this feature and while we didn’t implement this exactly this way, we have made it possible for device manufacturers to deliver notifications without having to wake the phone up. For example, Nokia’s Glance screen shows you time and missed notifications without having to wake the phone up.

792 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly, LED or re-sound notification is the feature that every smartphone should have.

• TheodenTheoden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its will be so excellent to bring breath light(like Symbian phones such as Nokia 5530 Xpress Music)to windows logo capacitive button. Many have suggested it. If it would be dedicated notification LEDs, will be so good.
        For me its a factor to prefer android flagships to windows phone flagships.

• hernanhernan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hola para que eso cositos q tiene mi lumia 520 como si fueran para un led o un bombillito q llevara hay o una cámara

• GianniGianni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add led notifications capability on Lumia 735. Great device, with led notifications will become super device for the price.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every GSM phone I've ever had has had the capability to repeat missed call/SMS text notifications, with options to select how many times (including until acknowledged) and how often.

So, how come such a basic, but essential phone function is STILL not there? Without it the only way I can tell if I've missed a call is to LOOK AT THE DAMED PHONE.

However there is better solution. buy ANYTHING but a Windows Phone....

• darock1020darock1020 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi ... I want to when a message arrives, called email about all notifications that Windows Phone start button blinks continuously when there is a notification of ... the are also very useful for the night ... or better when there is so much light .... else cute and very useful for a call in progress, or even notified that flash the phone flashes when call .... or for missed calls and ... flashing for couple of minutes. I find it excellent idea! Thank you

• Jeremiah BJeremiah B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The HTC One M8 for Android has it but not the Windows version. You guys really need to try harder to be competitive.

• FaizilFaizil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm very disappointed :(, this suggestion as of writing has 45,935 votes, how many votes will it take to implement? will the guys with 1 vote ever be heard? I'm sure there is over a thousand 1 vote ideas, I've seen multiple duplicated entries, things that have been implemented (games like candy crush) and things that are not going to be ( leaving Nokia name) but their comments are still there meaning their votes are tied to those comments!
        I'm not sure if the site is being monitored or waiting for wp10.
        could you at least merge, delete that which needs to be merged and deleted further more according to categories 1 vote per category there isn't enough!!!

• kmarcelkmarcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glance is great, but requires specific hardware (not available on the flagship 930), is obtrusive and very power consuming versus a led. (<100uAh active).
        The E series do this by breathing/blinking the central led on the action button.
        If it's a problem on IP, just license the patent from Ericsson or Nokia or whoever owns it - it's worth it.
        If it's a problem on consistency - minimize errors by design, and ensure it, by increasing the price accordingly.
        Make this a feature available to (selected ex >800 and new) Lumias with physical buttons and blink the Windows logo on core system notifications (missed calls, SMS, etc)
        Currently, still using an Nokia E52 which is predictable in every way even after 5 years. And I am very happy that I paid the price of an upper-medium smartphone for it.
        Waiting for 935, after many, many disappointments - Omnia (subpar sound compared to any phone I owned), L925 (unpredictable battery and network connection), etc.

• Filipe SáFilipe Sá commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is possible not to have some type of led/sound notification?

Returning my Lumia 930 tomorrow and buying HTC one.

I'm sorry but the lack of such feature is ridiculous.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40

Feedback and Knowledge Base