Please enter your feature suggestion...

Custom sounds for SMS, MMS, Email, Notifications etc

Custom sounds for SMS, MMS, Email, Notifications etc, I know we can do ringtones on Mango but you can't set custom SMS sounds, email ect.

78,082 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GunztaGunzta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Bob TrabuccoBob Trabucco shared a merged idea: Customizable sounds for text messages and other notifications.  ·   · 
    ClaudeClaude shared a merged idea: Custom Notification Sounds  ·   · 
    JoeScubaJoeScuba shared a merged idea: Custom Alert Tones!  ·   · 
    tom47015tom47015 shared a merged idea: SMS Ringtone which can be set for every contact  ·   · 
    MCKYFANMCKYFAN shared a merged idea: Ability to create custom sounds for "new/incoming" text messages!  ·   · 
    T.J. RendinoT.J. Rendino shared a merged idea: Custom ringtones on text message alerts, email alerts, etc.  ·   · 
    vincent5226vincent5226 shared a merged idea: customized SMS, notification and email ringtones (sounds)  ·   · 
    Nicholas OlguinNicholas Olguin shared a merged idea: Custom SMS sounds  ·   · 
    BillBill shared a merged idea: Custom Email/SMS alerts/tones for contacts, just like existing custom ring tone feature for calls.  ·   · 
    Justin GreenJustin Green shared a merged idea: Create custom alerts for text, email, voicemail, alarms and calendar.  ·   · 
    iCaptnspauldingiCaptnspaulding shared a merged idea: Custom Text Message Tones  ·   · 
    Emmeran RichardEmmeran Richard shared a merged idea: SMS Sound to be configured and choosed  ·   · 
    redmondoredmondo shared a merged idea: Custom sound tones for phone, text, email, etc.  ·   · 
    g33kg33k shared a merged idea: Ability to configure different sound for each email account notification  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

This feature is now available in Windows Phone 8.

And as always, if you think this feature or any other feature needs improvement be sure to create new product suggestions so we can track them all and other users can vote on your ideas. And while we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

3023 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know about most people, but texting in my life, is happening far more frequently then calls. Customizing ringtones is fun and cool but no one is calling me enough to justify them. Which leads me to text tones being a thing for the Windows phones. Why is this not already a thing? When I had an Android it was immensely easier to download short fun tones for texts. I even had an app that allowed me to splice any music file I wanted to any size I wanted to make any length of tone I desired...makes me miss my Android to be honest. It's all about choice, I hate being forced to use default tones when I know there is so much more out there. Please consider expanding on this topic, we Windows Phones users would be forever grateful.

• A. F. B.A. F. B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows Phone will only allow ringtones up to 30 seconds. That's why you will probably have to convert the songs on your SD-card. There are plenty of apps on the store which will do that for you.

• SivamanogaranSivamanogaran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my Lumia 630 Windows Phone,
        I am unable to change the ring tone by using one of the ring tones stored in my Memory Card and Phone. The default list of ring tones alone is displayed. Where is the provision for "Custom" to change the ring tone in this model?

• ChristyChristy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE ALLOW US TO CUSTOMIZE TEXT ALERTS!!! SUCH a pain not being able to...my daughter and I have the same phone and it is SO irritating not being able to customize!!

• Inf4mouskidInf4mouskid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you all freakin' ********!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS NOW!!!! IDK WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR PHONES BUT I KNOW I CAN DO THIS ****!!!!

come on...... I thought that windows 8 was supposed to be an improvement. I need a special alert tone.....a siren to notify me that there is a rescue via SARCALL

• steve blisssteve bliss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oknbso heres the thing, I had to hard reset my phone the other day, before that I could add custom sounds to Whatsapp with no problems.

However now I've restored with all the updates I no longer have that option!

Why on earth are MS going backwards!

Why isnt this a feature in Windows phone 7.8? It seems like microsoft has no suport at all for their customers regarding to old hardware.

• A. F. B.A. F. B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@roscoe3270
        I don't know about your phone, but I am able to pick a completely customised sound for may different email addresses ...

Are you on Windows Phone 7 or 8?

• roscoe3270roscoe3270 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can you have marked this completed when it's only half implemented? You still haven't addressed anything with custom Email notifications. Like I've said in previous posts, my Blackberry had this capability 10 years ago. Is this ever going to be done for Windows phone? I've had this Windows phone for almost two years now and still no answer for this. My contract is almost up, when it is, this POS phone is going in the trash. I'm getting an iPhone, which has this ability. Good grief Microsoft get a friggin clue.

• DeanDean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How soon is the new update going to be available for download for my Nokia Lumia 928?

• Inf4mouskidInf4mouskid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Chefdean1964 your in for a treat on the WP 8.1 update 1. (I'm rocking the dev preview) in this update Microsoft gave people the ability to select a whole message or messages if you want so you can copy and paste them or forward a new message. If you'd like I can send a screenshot of this if it pleases you

• Chefdean1964Chefdean1964 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are some great apps for making custom ringtones. Try both Nokia and Windows app searches as many folk don't even know they are separate.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 149 150

Feedback and Knowledge Base