Please enter your feature suggestion...

Enable document attachment in emails

Enable document attachment in emails, since its painful not to be able to answer a coworker and quickly attach a word document.

12,885 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nuno LuzNuno Luz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

593 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is very bad, this should be able attach documents, only photos are appearing when i am trying to attach documents. if you have to compete with tech giants you have to focus on the most basic things

One of the most annoying thing about windows phone is the inability to attach any file to an email. I have to revert to my PC to do this. I find it very convincing. MSFT Team kindly look into this.

• Colin PlattColin Platt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft have stopped listening to what their customers want and have now decided that they tell customers what they need. They believe they know best and you don't. If you don't agree you will eventually because that is what they will offer you and people have got used to doing what they are told when it comes to Microsoft.

Microsoft have realised that we are just cattle and will allow our selves to be milked of our money no matter what the grade of feed we have thrown down for us is.

• prabalprabal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's wrong with you microsoft?? ever heard anything about replying to an email and attaching documents to it?.
        No wonder microsoft is going down, coz you have hired bunch of morons to your dev team. Why common sense is so uncommon in you guys. Attaching documents to emails while replying or forwarding is one of the most basic feature, even neanderthals where aware of it. So frustrating. Done with you guys gonna throw my phone out of the Window.

Also If I have to send a zip file or a plain text document I should be able to send it.

What is wrong with Microsoft???? This is the most basic thing that is required by any EMAIL application.

Secondly, Who approved the phone dialer functionality???? Really??? if you cant search phone contacts, emails, search, images then whats the point in showing the characters with the numbers???

Very very frustrating. I feel very sad to have a Windows phone, where customers have to cry to get basic functionality.

If you are really concerned about the customers and their needs then do reach me on my email.

Thoughts:

There is Outlook app for iOS and Android now.
        There is MS Office app for iOS and Android.

There is very basic e-mail app for WP 8.1, which misses elementary features like file attachment. First grade talanted Computer science student can do better.

There is no proper alternative e-mail client for WP 8.1, why?
        Isn't there a single individual who can make it? Or - be allowed to make it?

I use Lumia with company MS Exchange server. Where is my alternative for ActiveSync? No alternative.

Then how on Earth I can send confidential e-mails to my colleagues? Via public clouds after agreeing that my company data becomes public. Really?

Microsoft cannot produce high quality software anymore.

We had Windows RT, now RT is EOL.

We had Windows Mobile 6.x, which had a lot more features than WP 8.1.

Microsoft is trying to copy and cannot inovate.

Microsoft has no vision in the mobile world and that's why we see fail after fail from Microsoft in the last few years.

Microsoft has given up the mobile battle and has no intention to invest in modern software ecosystem for mobile devices and all big data stuff behind, which is actualy the real business.

How many Android versions were released in the last 4 years?
        How many iOS updates?
        How many iOS and Android e-mail apps updates?

Whatever the reason is, over 12 000 votes in 4 years without a single reply.

WP users are doomed.
        We are floating on a boat whose captain has left it lieka coward a long time ago.

• yvonne kyvonne k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone know why my word docs wont open on my windows phone??? Really headwrecking when I need to access things for work.

• BorisBoris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's sad to see that Microsoft has never replied since 2011, when this suggestion was first published. It's FOUR years! And that's a real real scandal. I recently bought a Windows Phone because I was looking for a businnes phone and I could not believe that such a simple task was not available. Dear Sirs at Microsoft, wake up and see that until you don't solve these problems, Windows Phones will never be competitive! There are Nokia Lumia phones which cost around € 500 and don't have such elementary and simple tasks offered by very cheap Android phones!

• AndreAndre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What kind of stupidity is this, that I can't attach a document to email.
        I had to attach my phone to the pc to pull out the document.
        Ridiculous that such a simple feature is not integrated.
        I'm a business person, this is a must.
        Fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Don't mention Onedrive, the file is on my phone, I should be able to do what I want with it.

• Rob BRob B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really poor, all these comments and nothing from MS even acknowledging this omission either on the forum our elsewhere.

Out would be nice if they said at least.... Sorry guys, it will be on Windows 10 and worth the wait....

• sachinsachin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to attach any file on Nokia E63... such a basic feature should be made available on ASAP basis.

• Rob BRob B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, a very basic and often critical feature missing.

However, it looks like MS have been working ******* Windows 10 for phones (re launch last night) with a brand new experience.

Saying that, MS haven't made one comment on this thread after 9000+ votes which is pretty poor by all accounts.

Win 10 for phones released to insiders next month...

• MoshelMoshel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously it's shameful to see that even after more than 3-4 updates to Windows Phone 8 software, there is no option to attach any file type other than picture.

Do the microsoft guys themselves never felt the need for this feature??

Ok I know that I can long press and "share" a file but what about when I am responding to someone's email and want to attached a word/excel/pdf document.

If MS wants to win over corporates then this would be one of the most basic features, right?

• ZaidiZaidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using the Lumia 1520 and like most of the complains, I cannot attach a file to an email which I am replying. Seems to me this is a major ***** up for WP. All it allow me to attach are photos and not documents! I hope Microsoft will fix this in their next update.

• AnthonyAnthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, an E5 had better email options. Update in order to add all formats please.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Feedback and Knowledge Base