Please enter your feature suggestion...

Enable document attachment in emails

Enable document attachment in emails, since its painful not to be able to answer a coworker and quickly attach a word document.

13,681 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nuno LuzNuno Luz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

670 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AleksandarAleksandar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to attachment any files in my phone, honestly this is rediculous. Full resolutino and size of pictures...

• haggai HPhaggai HP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

honestly this is rediculous.. surely such a
        basic feature as attaching files other than
        photos is missing in windows phone this
        century. microsoft should get serious and
        fix this asap. so annoying mwe

• Rob BRob B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Running Windows 10 on my PC, Surface Tablet and Nokia 930. What MS are looking to do it write one application... lets say MAIL.. and it will run pretty much exactly the same on any device subject to hardware limitations such as screen, memory etc,

My 930 has the MAIL app which is pretty much the same as the MAIL app on my pc / tablet and enable you to attach ANY / MULTIPLE files.... as you would expect.

Windows 10 Mobile is still in Alpha stage so its very buggy / laggy and not for daily use. But, its a great glimpse to see what we should be getting later this year.

Sadly, with nearly 700 comments and 13,608 votes on this site alone MS haven't even commented to say why its not available (OK, for a moment lets assume there is a real technical reason) which is ****.

The development of WP8 / WP8.1 is dead now... no matter how much you want and need this its not going to happen. #fact

• Manoj ShrivastavaManoj Shrivastava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jason Gilbert: can you please be more specific. What file types are you able to attach to an email reply? Are you able to attach word/pdf/xls to a new email compose, or are you able to reply to emails with these attachments ?
        If anyone has updated to windows 10, then please reply.

• ingo eckardtingo eckardt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Overall email app need to be improved. Inability to attach files only being one of the shortfalls. Note when selecting a file and share it appears to be working yet the email will be send without attachment.
        Sorry to compare but hope email app will improve to a level of android google mail in respect to UI appearance and functionality soon.

• Timm ZahnTimm Zahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very basic feature MUST be implemented in the next release. I love my Lumia, except for this one problem. I have to go to my iPad to attach a file from OneDrive or Dropbox? Really?

• Raphael SantisRaphael Santis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was very happy with my Lumia phone until today when I realised that I cannot attach files other than photos to outlook mail for forwarded messages. This is the most basic feature for any email application which is missing in the phones. Microsoft needs to seriously look into this if they intend attracting more people to their phones.

• ANUJANUJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am not able to attach any document or file type other than images when replying to any email. When i try to directly share a document or file using share option it always opens in a new mail instead of attachment in a reply, This is a serious limitations for professionals who rely on Smartphone users for work

• Punit AcharyaPunit Acharya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jason Gilbert: can you please be more specific. What file types are you able to attach to an email reply? Are you able to attach word/pdf/xls to a new email compose, or are you able to reply to emails with these attachments ?

• MarkusMarkus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ridiculous that this sold as a feature. You sould be able to attatch and download ANY file you want.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was considering purchasing a lumia phone to replace my blackberry Z10 but couldnt live with this limitaion

• evanusevanus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know we can attach doc,PDF, and many other files by using this party file manager (by using share function in the file manager), but it's not enough, because this procedure can't be used during replying email. So I totally agree that windowsphone need to support to attach files (doc, PDF, etc) in its email application.

This is plain stupid, I was fully satisfied by my lumia until yesterday I found out that I only can attach photos while I had a serious need to send some documents. Did a little research and found that there were complains about it in 2010. WTF MS its been 5 years since 2010 and you still cant add this simple feature. There was an update not that long time ago that added these almost useless folders, but not this feature. I will wait till windows 10, but seriously if they dont add some basic features like this one my next phone will be iphone

Shame on ppls who make this windows phone... If they cant provide this sort of a simple option on their so called windows phone. I wish this msg reach to them and they think to do something. Anyhow i done the biggest mistake of my life to buy such a useless phone. No comparison with android... I think all ms team dont know how to fix. Useless...

SERIOUSLY. How does it not have this? People send more than photos. I shouldn't have to open my surface pro just to send an email with a Word file attached.

cant call up or forward an attachment .pdf created on my computer that I need access to. My work blocks outlook.com so I am pretty much screwed!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34

Feedback and Knowledge Base