Please enter your feature suggestion...

Enable document attachment in emails

Enable document attachment in emails, since its painful not to be able to answer a coworker and quickly attach a word document.

13,143 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nuno LuzNuno Luz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

618 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mommyboymommyboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah, you should be able to browse the phone/sd card to attach whatever you want. Working it backwards, i.e. finding a file via file manager/acrobat reader (how stupid it is to be able to find pdfs only via AR???) and addidng it this way is a pure lack of ergonomy. Ergonomy Microsoft, ergonomy!!!

• Tathagata BanerjeeTathagata Banerjee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very foolish not to have a document or other file attachment option except image directly from the mail app. If MS Desktop apps can so should the MS Mobile app. Pls get this on ASAP. Not helping MS in business use perspective in anyway.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs to many improvements in this Mailing feature.i really don't know why MSFT left this important documents attachement functioality of mail
        Try to fix it asap.
        Andoid has better mail features compare to windows phone.

• sanjay kanzariyasanjay kanzariya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I west my money. If I know this feature not available I never buy WP. I was under impression of Microsoft. But now i feel i am wrong.

• TrungTrung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

-Yes, please keep the share feature of document and add attach file feature in all email app.
        -Moreover, i suggest arrange all documents (word, excel, power point, pdf, etc.) in document folder. At the moment, when i download word, excel file, it will place in document folder but except the pdf file. the pdf is not shown in document folder, it is shown in the pdf app. This arrangement is inconvenient. Beside, the pdf file that i copy form pc to document folder is created the same pdf file in pdf app (it will increase used space of hard drive).
        Hope it will be improve soon!

• George K.George K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's no describing this, really. The omission is incomprehensible. Just do it already...

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we really do need to be able to attach direct to the email, and not have to go round in circles as the work arounds suggest by opening first in office and then sharing for example. What if i want to attach some other document that isnt an office document? what if i want to attach two documents to one email, not to mention multiple documents to the same email. It is so limiting only being allowed to attach pictures directly to an email. This has to be fixed or I suspect many will return back to the other OS that give you this freedom to choose what to attach.

• Dannisen ChellenDannisen Chellen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems i cant forward any mail having an attachment though.
        We need to dowload the file attachment before forwarding.....which sucks really ...

• Dannisen ChellenDannisen Chellen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems document can ne done through the following step:
        Go for the 'office' app
        Simply share any chosen file to your mail account

Ps : Not user friendly enough i agree...but with W10 i beleive This should be sorted out.

Hope that helps

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need official Gmail app for windows phone. This is ridiculous that we can't attach any file except photos directly from mail app. I am very upset after finding this draw back of Windows phone. Android is much better than Windows.

• Jayed Bin RashidJayed Bin Rashid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is ridiculous. if i knew it before that file attachment is not possible in wp, probably i wont buy my lumia 730. please take steps to add any files from SD card as attachment.

• arpatersonarpaterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does the paperclip button go to the pictures app????? attachment means attachment, not insert a picture. this breaks your own design language. Please fix asap. If you feel we need a button for "insert a pic" for ease than add a separate one. the paperclip symbol is from outlook and means add any attachment.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31

Feedback and Knowledge Base