Please enter your feature suggestion...

Enable document attachment in emails

Enable document attachment in emails, since its painful not to be able to answer a coworker and quickly attach a word document.

13,471 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nuno LuzNuno Luz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

648 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gagandeep SinghGagandeep Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is the most essential feature to be added atleast in new release of window 8.1. but still missing. Hoping to receive the feature soon. thanks

• papa gatespapa gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

mai kya karu mar jau BC apna resume na bheju kahi job kya meri nangi pic dekh kar denge bc mc.

• PapajiPapaji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

put that feature in my mobile phone that's the basic requirement idiots. how can u dont put such important small feature.

• Narayana Prasad.NNarayana Prasad.N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally disappointed with Windows 8.1 phone.Need of the hour is immediate downloading and attaching the documents/files.
        Also no clear cut step by step instructions to set all features in the phone.

• Satish MauryaSatish Maurya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is bad to Microsoft. I have WP 8.1, trying to reply email with xls and pdf attachment but not getting option to select the file. Whenever clicking to attachment icon it gives single option only for images. Bad arrangement of files and folders in WP by Microsoft. Now I really hate Microsoft Windows phones for the same. Also overall very limited features given in WP. Better go for Android phones with all latest features.

• Thomas De BleserThomas De Bleser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the f*ck? Attaching docs to an e-mail is like the most basic thing. EVER! What is wrong with you guys? Come on! Serious? How the **** do you guys want to win the battle with google and IOS???
        I still can't understand this! What a freaking limitation! And don't talk to me about going to the webmail. Don't!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The mail application must be designed like android app which let us to add image signature, desired font, style etc. Otherwise windows can launch outlook mail application like ms office-7 for computer.

• Rob BRob B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jason, agree this is a badly needed feature but WP 7.5 or 8.1 will NOT be getting it. Ever. It is in Windows 10.

In the meantime you can copy and paste the email address just fine.

Very shoddy that after 13000 votes and 639 comments MS haven't acknowledged this thread

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SERIOUSLY WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO ATTACH WORD DOCUMENTS IN A GMAIL REPLY TO A CRAIGSLIST JOB POSTING. Hello?!?! Are we supposed to get a pen and write down their email address, then go to the document, press share thru gmail, then manually enter the **** email address each time??

• Rob BRob B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sadly, you can't attach documents in replies.

You can send multiple documents in an email from the Files app.

If it imperative you attach documents then this can be achieved by going to the web browser and going to your email providers site - Hotmail for one.

This will not be updated this side of Windows 10 I'm afraid.

Its very frustating to attached document from office . Pls allow user to attached doc from mail itself.

• Paul CPaul C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rumor has it that Microsoft employees use Android phones as their mobile business solution. It is real easy to attach docs to emails when your on the go. Funny how MS missed this basic function or maybe they are giving up on being a mobile business solution provider. I feel there hasn't been a true provider since the fall of Blackberry.

I can't believe this isn't a standard function for a modern phone! It's insane! Even though my blackberry turned itself off and on whenever it fancied at least I could attach files and email in seconds!!! Sort it out now please, you're making my job really long winded and difficult.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33

Feedback and Knowledge Base