Please enter your feature suggestion...

Enable document attachment in emails

Enable document attachment in emails, since its painful not to be able to answer a coworker and quickly attach a word document.

14,031 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nuno LuzNuno Luz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

688 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paolo GesmundoPaolo Gesmundo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a basic feature: Save an attachment to SD card so it can be shared in other apps. Please do that asap to allow phone usability while working with it

• Venkat P.Venkat P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what happens when you hire yuppie software engineers right out of grad school and ask them to develop business solutions.

All they know is uploading photos to social media platforms.

You want a business solution - put somebody who understands business on the job.

This issue and the lack of response from MSFT is indicative of :

1. Complete breakdown of some of the most basic software design and development fundamentals.

2. Complete disconnect with reality.

3. Complete failure on part of quality control (if it exists at all)

4. Utter disregard for the customers who invest in your product.

Is there a way to inform Mr. Bill Gates that his product does not facilitate email attachments as universally required, in AD 2015 ?

• LeoLeo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is incredible that at this point we can not attach a file to office mail response from Windows Phone 8.1 !!!!!

• AbuAbu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the bloody **** ... I bought Lumia 1020 out of craze and now I can't do my,daily task which is attaching a doc or a PDF with a quick reply????

Why do I need to take the U turn to go the doc first and then share it to attach it to the email.... Very disappointed

• SakkeSakke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to download email attachments (e.g. pdf and docx) from Gmail server, especially when the message has several attachments (not downloading all of them). Starts downloading but nothing happens (file size < 1MB).

Mail setup on the phone was done using "Google" email account settings.

I am running Denim on Lumia 635.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While replying or forwarding some emails, I am not able to attch any documents. Is microsoft working on this feature or if so when will it come?

• softysofty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't see any reason why should one wait until or after october for windows 10 upgrade.Make that now please!

• salimsalim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really a huge disappointment, not able to reply on the same mail. There is no use of window phone and I never suggest any body to buy window phone.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a huge disapointment - I was not able to reply to the email from the app and to attach the document that I had on onedrive and on the phone as well. And they find it strange that thay have 3 % share in the mobile market. lf they dont add this option asap I will dump the windows phone forever - unbelieveble flaw....

never expected i had to search this question that too on windows os..
        common windows grow a pair..

• NhlanhlaNhlanhla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My lumia 630 doesn't allow me to open my attachments, in such a way that i don't see any attachments. Please help me.

• Vandrey TrindadeVandrey Trindade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon guys. Just read the news. Windows 10 already brings it... They won't add it to Windows Phone 8.1 because in October (or after) all phones will start to update to Windows 10.

• SwapnilSwapnil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable the feature to add docs other than photos. We should be able to attach .pdf, .docx, .xlsx (all files) etc . files as this is a basic feature which is needed while we are replying to any of the emails that we get. Other than this drawback Windows phone is very good

• Marie-GraceMarie-Grace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also find it stupid to not have the possibility to explore the files phone and attach any kind of doucment together I often need to send a photo together with a pdf doc and a word doc, for it I need to make 3 separate emails with the windowsphone... no comments

I want to attach a word document to Gmail and send it. This is urgent please. Any help is welcome.

• AleksandarAleksandar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to attachment any files in my phone, honestly this is rediculous. Full resolutino and size of pictures...

• haggai HPhaggai HP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

honestly this is rediculous.. surely such a
        basic feature as attaching files other than
        photos is missing in windows phone this
        century. microsoft should get serious and
        fix this asap. so annoying mwe

← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35

Feedback and Knowledge Base