Please enter your feature suggestion...

Enable document attachment in emails

Enable document attachment in emails, since its painful not to be able to answer a coworker and quickly attach a word document.

13,349 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nuno LuzNuno Luz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

630 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul CPaul C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rumor has it that Microsoft employees use Android phones as their mobile business solution. It is real easy to attach docs to emails when your on the go. Funny how MS missed this basic function or maybe they are giving up on being a mobile business solution provider. I feel there hasn't been a true provider since the fall of Blackberry.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this isn't a standard function for a modern phone! It's insane! Even though my blackberry turned itself off and on whenever it fancied at least I could attach files and email in seconds!!! Sort it out now please, you're making my job really long winded and difficult.

• Rob BRob B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lebobang... The workaround would be using the files app thats on the phone, and sending from there which works 100%.

Also, if your email client such out Hotmail has a web browser, you can log into your email via the browser and attach files as normal.

Both work fine.

Which, in essence, makes the lack of this feature even more ridiculous!

• Lebogang MokomeLebogang Mokome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm am unemployed and applying for vacancies using this phone is very difficult because I'm unable to browse or upload my CV or any document to my application so please help. What the use of having a windows phone but you have always pay the internet cafe?

• Rob BRob B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

13,270 votes and over 600 comments and not a peep from Microsoft which is disgraceful... Not even acknowledging the desire and NEED for this simple and in many cases essential feature!

Sadly, Windows 8 will NOT be getting this ever I am afraid!

This feature is included in the Windows 10 Build that we should be getting later in the year.

Its already available for those of use that are adventurous in a Alpha version for most Lumia phones. An Alpha version means its UNFINISHED and BUGGY!

But, if you want to have a peek into the future register for WINDOWS INSIDER at Microsoft and follow the instructions.

• ChandanChandan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been asking this feature from the days of WP 7 but till now they have not integrated it and all such small things make windows phone lagging behind ANDROID. WE WANT OPTION TO ATTACH TO ALL TYES OF FILES AND NOT JUST PICS SPECIALLY WHILE REPLYING TO MAILS. SCREENSHOT ATTACHED.http://i60.tinypic.com/15do2hd.jpg

I'm install Windows phone 10 technical preview.
        In new Outlook available attachment for replay and forward.
        Attach file from phone, OneDrive and etc.

• Umer MoverUmer Mover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once, I forwarded the important notes a day before an exam to my class mate. My classmate failed, because she did receive my mail but without attachments.

That is awful :(

• Umer MoverUmer Mover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is seriously ridiculous. I always have to wait till my heavy attachments get downloaded before I forward Email.

• M. DanM. Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To send a reply-email and not be able to attach a document? That is not so good.

• L JaipalreddyL Jaipalreddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am to open my my gmail messages in Nokia x .what should I do. When I am trying to open gmail messages in my Nokia x it is asking to download some application. Pls suggest me

• mommyboymommyboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah, you should be able to browse the phone/sd card to attach whatever you want. Working it backwards, i.e. finding a file via file manager/acrobat reader (how stupid it is to be able to find pdfs only via AR???) and addidng it this way is a pure lack of ergonomy. Ergonomy Microsoft, ergonomy!!!

• Tathagata BanerjeeTathagata Banerjee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very foolish not to have a document or other file attachment option except image directly from the mail app. If MS Desktop apps can so should the MS Mobile app. Pls get this on ASAP. Not helping MS in business use perspective in anyway.

Needs to many improvements in this Mailing feature.i really don't know why MSFT left this important documents attachement functioality of mail
        Try to fix it asap.
        Andoid has better mail features compare to windows phone.

• sanjay kanzariyasanjay kanzariya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I west my money. If I know this feature not available I never buy WP. I was under impression of Microsoft. But now i feel i am wrong.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32

Feedback and Knowledge Base