Please enter your feature suggestion...

Manual IP Configuration

Allow the user to manually specify the IP, subnet mask, DNS servers, etc.

11,718 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AttieNAttieN shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

913 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LovedeepLovedeep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why Microsoft have to do a basic things always late?
        this is a basic thing that we need.... why in not coming?

• Douglas McGonegleDouglas McGonegle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this even a suggestion? This should be a bog standard feature. If I want to specify an alternate DNS server I should be able to do it. Works on droid and apple, works in every windows product I have ever used bar Windows Phone. Wjhy the difference ?

• Lucas TerraLucas Terra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bora por no Windows 10 mobile pelo menos, recurso básico destes e ainda não tem,.... bora trabalhar povo!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than a year having lumia 1020 and many updates but still no static IP. It is an option in some new models like 535 but not in my 1020. PLEASE...

I am not able to connect to many of wifi network just because I cant change the ip address is window phone while android phone users can do. Really, don't like this feature.

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just purchased a 640 LTE DS, amazed I cannot change DNS, this is the 21st Century, get with it Microsoft - returning phone

• KonstantineKonstantine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you are listening for 1,5 year... Do you no how it calls?

I bought lumia 640, and tere is no static ip function. I could'nt even imagine that static ip may be absent in 2015.

It was first and i think it will be the last for me windows phone. I am going to return it to a seller because of this function.

Amazed such a vital option si not available by default. My Nokia bas Just changed its IP address on my lan with no reason (or possibly IP conflict?) Android impossible to change Windows phone... Therefore cannot connect to home wifi anymore... How can windows let that happen???

Why can't you just add this code to <Setting Name="EnableStaticIP" Value="1"/> than <Setting Name="EnableStaticIP" Value="0"/>. Is that hard to change 0 into 1??? OMG! We need the Static IP config!

• KSulinomKSulinom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From my knowledge, it is only Nokia smartphone does not allow Manual IP configuration. In some circumstances users have problem as the IP address cannot manually configured. Please consider to allow all nokia smartphone has this facility through the software update.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46

Feedback and Knowledge Base