Please enter your feature suggestion...

Manual IP Configuration

Allow the user to manually specify the IP, subnet mask, DNS servers, etc.

11,039 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AttieNAttieN shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

866 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot use the internet at my university because my Lumia icon cannot add/change dns. This is dumb. Literally every single phone has this feature. Also my phone used to have this feature. If you don't add this I'm buying an s6. There's no point in this phone if I cannot connect to most wifi connections.

please please please I miss the option for wifi network such as IP . DNS please I am needing a suloution

• WillieWillie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disappointing that the 1520 does not have the feature. So much on-line requirements, yet it does not allow you to utilise some of the more private communication methods like static IP. 920 also did not have.

Even after 3 years a user asked for a basic feature, Microsoft is ready to improve and provide this basic feature that every phone provides now and all of your installed applications requesting for a data connection.. ...

Oh BOS may tnya nih soal Lumia 5353 cara set DNS nya gmn sih...sy dah beli apps DNS to tetep GA bs soalnya Microsoft GA ** android y BOS thx by chiqal

• Cleiton AlbertoCleiton Alberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am Brazilian and has not yet reached such update. I'm no connection on my smartphone because of this need.
        And has not yet reached the expected update.

• ridwanridwan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why is microsoft so bull headed on this dhcp things?
        many of my phone buyers decided to pass on windows phone, only because of this feature.
        why when iphone and android are able to, but wp won't?
        spare the security lecture, when office ip wired as static.
        there is nowhere wp can connect, inflexible...

• JTJT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is ridiculous that this feature is available for some models in certain regions but not for all windows phones!

• safrazsafraz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Haloo please fix important problems...static IP addresses windows phone only support some of Lumia why not until now 920 ? But released wp10 that one also u fixed this problem?

• sadeghsadegh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im waiting static ip configuration update for my lumia 920
        Please sooner

← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44

Feedback and Knowledge Base