Please enter your feature suggestion...

Remember keyboard language setting per contact (text messaging)

When writing messages to contacts from peoplehub, remember keyboard language setting for that contact. Important for people who communicate in various languages with different people.

141 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Roman MüllerRoman Müller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MarcusMarcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

API would be nice, I have a lot of contacts in for example whatsapp where I either write German, English or French and its really annoying when you switch back and forth between them and a constantly misstyping because it is still set on the previous language setting

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remember or even better, auto-detect preferred language based on each contact's message history.

• MarcMarc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also provide a public API, so i.e. Twitter Apps can hook into that functionality. So that if you begin with @nickname ...

GREAT idea! I had the same idea dn wanted to post it here, instead i'll just vote here!

• Roland DickRoland Dick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if 3rd party app integration is too difficult, the Messaging and People hubs alone could benefit a lot from this.

• DanieleDaniele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree on the fact that these should be implemented in a way so that also third party apps could use it.

This is a feature that I as well could benefit greatly. Especially since I am in touch with people from all around the world and therefore use up to 5 different languages! Looking forward to this update!

• Jonas StawskiJonas Stawski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to say this is very important and would like to extend this idea to more places such as adding comments to facebook, twitter, live, emails, etc. Anywhere where there could be a conversation. Here's my initial feedback on the Microsoft answers website:
        http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-wptips/feedback-on-multilanguage-keyboard-support/4e9c1b07-b6ac-4d96-bead-c5dc3d017626

Feedback and Knowledge Base