Please enter your feature suggestion...

Full Sync with Outlook

WP should fully sync to Outlook, tasks, including categories calendar including categories contacts including categories and notes including categories

11,725 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kaaaikaaai shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    fabwm7fabwm7 shared a merged idea: direct usb sync to Outlook  ·   · 
    wisedesiwisedesi shared a merged idea: Sync outlook notes  ·   · 
    Simon CharronSimon Charron shared a merged idea: Synch Outlook Categories in Contacts  ·   · 

587 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Magnus HammarMagnus Hammar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook Tasks. I cannot stress enough how important they are to me. We use them extensively and the fact that co-workers can assign tasks to each others make it very hard to replace with another product. Also, why should we? We use Outlook desktop already. I sincerely hope that this is just an oversight, something they fix before release.

• uegouego commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft: What do you want with my contacts and calendar items in your cloud? I prefer blue sky (= direct synchronization WP/Outlook via USB/WLAN)!!

• seventeenapgseventeenapg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use outlook on wp extensively and absolutely miss having my categories from outlook for pc. Please allow us yo sync over categories as well to wp

• KenKen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Argh.... This is so infuriating! I just started going through the process of syncing contacts and calendar with the Windows phone and forget it. I'm mothballing this phone until MS gets their act together.

In the meantime, thank you HTC Sync Manager! Seamlessly allows me to sync my Outlook Calendar, contacts, etc... with my HTC One. Nice.

It's as if HTC wants you to use THEIR product AND MS Outlook. So weird that Microsoft doesn't want you using a Windows phone AND Outlook.

• KenKen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is insane:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2844991/en-us

I can not believe I have to go through all this trouble to sync a Windows product (Outlook) with a Windows product (Windows Phone 8.1).

I got this phone (Lumia 635) for free since I was moving to a new service (I didn't need it since my wife is keeping her new old phone, but since I'm testing the Windows 10 Insider Preview I figured it would be a good opportunity to see if you've fixed things since Windows Phone 7 and to test Windows 10 on the device).

I used to be a Windows Phone user UNTIL Phone 7. I've used Android devices, specifically HTC devices, since then BECAUSE the integration and syncing with my MICROSOFT products are seamless.

This is such a shame.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

even Ipad can sync Outlook notes while two Microsoft products can't - now thats funny

This is an absolute need - I keep outlook notes synched with my phone for valuable information on the run. One Note does NOT work - since its prohibited use by the company due to security issues. Only Outlook data can be shared - NEED the notes synch function to Outlook on the WP8.

• Kevin RingerKevin Ringer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't believe WP7 didn't sync with Outlook desktop. I thought this had been fixed for WP8. If it isn't fixed I won't buy another Windows phone.

• Richard CRichard C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Akruto employees need to stop pumping their product - gets' old seeing the same stupid posts. The suggestion is not, "list a 3rd party solution to syncing with Outlook."

Besides, I've looked at the product (and others similar) and they are a poor substitute for MSFT dealing with this issue themself.

NO CLOUD! NO 3rd PARTY SOLUTIONS! Deal with your OWN mess, MSFT!! Fix this!!

We're trying to help you building market share!!

• MayMay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Second the Akruto suggestion. It can automatically and privately sync Outlook tasks, calendar, contacts and notes with Windows Phone. They have 24/7 support available by email or chat. http://www.akruto.com/

The contacts of linked details are not synch with the phone system hence other apps like whatsapp we need to add again into MS account its tedious. All people hub contacts must be into system all must behave like outlook contacts. Very bad need do it immediately please

I purchased a Lumia 830 assuming that since it has a windows op system that syncing to Outlook should be a snap - Even Blackberry can do that.

• tomtom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is a shame that a outlook-to-nokia phone synchronisation as a local solution (via usb / wifi) is not available yet!

• arthurarthur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was a Microsoft partner for many years but since buying nokia 1520 I can truly say they changed their name to MICROSHAFT over 3000 contacts on outlook 2010 I just want to be able to f*******n sync all of my outlook to my piece of **** nokia w8 phone with a simple usb cable NOT THE F********N cloud will be destroying all my Microsoft products and go to apple if we don't get some results

• Richard CRichard C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

JEDUDA, you TOTALLY miss the point of this (and other similar) suggestions. Specifically, NO CLOUD!! DIRECT Sync between Windows-based devices. No third-party software/apps but DIRECT Sync (via wireless, USB cable...). No Hotmail or Office.com solutions but DIRECT sync.

What you have posted is a CLOUD solution. The point of this post is to ELIMINATE the cloud.

Users do not want their sensitive Outlook information (calendar, contacts, Tasks...) crossing a cloud service.

• JehudaJehuda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use the Outlook connector and its done. Contacts and appointments are synchronized between Windows live and Outlook.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29

Feedback and Knowledge Base