Please enter your feature suggestion...

Back and forward buttons in internet explorer

If you leave internet explorer and reopen it from the home screen, the back button doesn't bring you to the page before the current one, it just takes you back to the home screen. Internet explorer needs a back button and a forward button for easy, simple browsing.

2,921 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael GarriesMichael Garries shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: internet explorer 10 on Windows Phone 8 is missing a back and forward button... you can go back a page but where's forward?  ·   · 
    edward938edward938 shared a merged idea: When using internet explorer, the back button should always go back one webpage  ·   · 
    Ihab HamidIhab Hamid shared a merged idea: Make a touch "previous page" button in IE9  ·   · 
    Joe O'BryantJoe O'Bryant shared a merged idea: Bring back "Forward" navigation option in IE9  ·   · 
    Mansour YaacoubiMansour Yaacoubi shared a merged idea: Internet Explorer Backward/Forward  ·   · 
    MacSeriousMacSerious shared a merged idea: Add back button in IE address bar. Use hardware back button to exit IE.  ·   · 
    gannonsmashgannonsmash shared a merged idea: bring back the forward button in IE  ·   · 
    JiangboJiangbo shared a merged idea: Soft back button in IE browser  ·   · 

115 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • George K.George K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a FORWARD button, please!

ALSO: swipe left/right for back/forward.

It's a touch screen; lets' take advantage of that.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A million time this!!! Just apply the "to each his own" adage and offer both visual forward and back buttons on-screen _and_ swipe left/right functionality, and bedone with the "oh you should do/use this/that"-klaptrap.

• AknelAknel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Swipe to go back onto the previous page of the tab. Data of the page should be collected from history.

• PaintNinjaPaintNinja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Swipe right to go back, swipe left to go forward.

-OR-

Press back button on your phone to go back, use "recent" to go forward.

• benjer3benjer3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While the functionality is already there with being able to swipe left and right, it would still be nice to have an option to disable that swiping and another to show back and forward buttons, as the swiping can be unreliable.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The IE team should have been dismissed. A startup of a few people should have been able to implement this feature long time back.

• s s 3s s 3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, this is REDICULOUS! No Fwd button is pathetic. Having to take the extra steps to move forward in a browser after accidentally or purposefully going to a previous page makes no sense. This is insane and is a lot of extra work! Everyone of the other major browsers (Android/ios) has a FWD Button including Surface.

Rant

This is the type of problem that holds WP back in market share. Why don't the OS developers simply take a Surface Tablet and compare all of the features it has with WP and match them up 100%. Then compare the WPOS to Android & ios and make sure the WPOS is capable of doing what these others can do and more? How hard is this? It's the obvious approach to take if you are last in the list of the 3 top Mobile OS's. Come on, is common sense that uncommon in Seatle/Washington? Maybe it's due to the weather. It's bad enough that there is a developer & carrier bios against WP please help yourselves (and your customer base) by getting these basic & elementary details right. Let's get with it guys. End Rant.

Can you also get flash to work (even if you have to do it without Adobe help) and an infrared remote control feature going as well.

You've come this far let's get the rest of the way. Also can we get the lock screen to stay on longer a few seconds is not long enough. How about a way to keep it on ALWAYS on both the phone and the computer.

MS I hope you understand our frustration.

• E. PonymousE. Ponymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just IE, but the PHONE UI needs a [forward] button, like that in desktop Explorer. Often, when using an app, I'll hit the [back] button by mistake, which CLOSES the app. Return to the page of that eBook? Sure, just go to settings, reopen the reader, navigate to OneDrive, find the document, reopen it, wait for it to load, find the page, resize, and BAMN! hit the [back] button with my thumb. Maybe I'll just cut my thumbs off.

• RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So irritating! I am an IT professional, just deployed windows phones for my 10,000 employee company and now this one issue is causing so many irritations in my user base. Thinking I should pull the plug on MS products since it has been many years with no resolution (using browser history is not a solution)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base