Please enter your feature suggestion...

their should be option to enable pop-ups from websites in IE

when i try to open my college website its login is by opening a pop up and pop ups are always blocked in win mango and their is no option to enable them so i am unable to login to my college website.....

274 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too cannot access work related material.i had tto purchase. A tablet to do so. Leaving Microsoft asap

• KathyKathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant do work because you cant turn on pop ups. so it would be great if you could turn it on or off.

• MiguelMiguel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vergonzoso no poder habilitar las ventanas emergentes pop ups este sistema operativo se dice llamar Windows SI NO RECUERDO MAL SIGNIFICA VENTANA. ES TRISTE TENER QUE BUSCAR EL ANDROID VIEJO Y CARGARLO PARA VISITAR LOS SITE DONDE ES NECESARIO TENER HABILITADO LOS POP UPS.
        GRACIAS MICROSOFT OTRA DU TUS TANTAS CAGADAS.

Una vergüenza. Necesito habilitar las ventanas emergentes para mi trabajo. Simplemente no me sirve el equipo sin eso

use UC browser (available in windows,store for,free). it worked for my uni (default internet explorer blocked pop up upon login so i couldnt access..UC browser worked like a charm)

• RobbanRobban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'am very dissapointed that wp does not allow popups. I bought a lumia 930 thinking I won't have any problems with browsing, but alas. Now I must buy another phone. Shame on you MS, you should at least give us the option to disable it.

• yusryyusry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not smart window phone..
        Just make me disappointed buy it..
        Huhhhh.!!!

Please add function to disable popup blocker. Im unable to make payment when buying bus ticket online because it requires popup function.. Otherwise, its nothing to have this windows phone if it can't do that. Popup setting is necessary..

• PopeyePopeye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If MS wants WP8.x to truly compete as a business class phone then being able to use popup tabs is essential not optional.

my bussiness network need pop up windows to work. I Buy wp smartphone because i think it can do it.. but i'm false.. Hopely there's will be a new update that enable pop up in ie wp

POR FAVOR..... ES IMPORTANTE ,, Y NECESARIO,,, DE LO CONTRARIO SIMPLEMENTE ....NO SIRVE
        DESBLOQUEAR POP UP

• GAUTHAMGAUTHAM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our college wifi requires a popup enable to log in and so is the case with many universities in most of the countries... May be a pop up site whitelist would do the job

• DavosDavos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps a popup whitelist and opening them as a new "tab" would be a sufficient workaround.

there's an issue of whether the onus is upon the site developer to create a mobile landing page, or on the browser to work with sites intended for desktop. Admittedly there is already an option to set IE for windows phone to either desktop or mobile mode and that does occasionally help with some sites but doesn't solve the popup login problem

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base