Please enter your feature suggestion...

their should be option to enable pop-ups from websites in IE

when i try to open my college website its login is by opening a pop up and pop ups are always blocked in win mango and their is no option to enable them so i am unable to login to my college website.....

148 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my bussiness network need pop up windows to work. I Buy wp smartphone because i think it can do it.. but i'm false.. Hopely there's will be a new update that enable pop up in ie wp

POR FAVOR..... ES IMPORTANTE ,, Y NECESARIO,,, DE LO CONTRARIO SIMPLEMENTE ....NO SIRVE
        DESBLOQUEAR POP UP

• GAUTHAMGAUTHAM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our college wifi requires a popup enable to log in and so is the case with many universities in most of the countries... May be a pop up site whitelist would do the job

• DavosDavos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps a popup whitelist and opening them as a new "tab" would be a sufficient workaround.

there's an issue of whether the onus is upon the site developer to create a mobile landing page, or on the browser to work with sites intended for desktop. Admittedly there is already an option to set IE for windows phone to either desktop or mobile mode and that does occasionally help with some sites but doesn't solve the popup login problem

• mareesmarees commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why dont any of the browsers on WP have the option to disable pop-up blockers? I am unable to visit many of my company sites.

My office wi fi require popup enable after inserting the user name and password,a **** anroid of 4000 can run wifi but 820 can't.

• apinunapinun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK,THANK YOU, I WANT AND WAITING......APPLICATION STANDARD FOR WINDOWS MOBILE.

• AsmAsm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much bigger issue than ms realize. Most colleges and universities around the world have a learning management system (LMS) such as moodle. They are a huge part of the infrastructure, and access to a vast amount of the materials is via the LMS. there is alot of reliance on pop ups when using them. In the uk, colleges and universities are ACTIVELY DISCOURAGING students from buying a wp8 device as they will not be able yo access any of their resources or courseware.

• Mark MIllerMark MIller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Need pop-ups for work. I am due for a new phone upgrade and was looking at a new Windows Phone 8 device. But when I went to a Verizonstore and tried to use a website for our college building automation that runs on IE it wouldn't allow pop-ups. Very disappointing! I really wanted to get a Windows Phone but now I'm wondering if I should just stay Android and use keep using my remote app to access my computer. :( I was told the mobile version does what the desktop can do. Not so.

• CrawfordCrawford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like Larry, I have a specific business need requiring pop-ups in mobile IE (ie: QuickBooks Online). I would have less of a problem with MS decisions hampering elements of browser app development by 3rd parties if they made mobile IE more robust in some basic ways that supported what are becoming basic business issues.

• LarryLarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need pop-up windows to be allowed for my business to function. Pop-ups should be allowed from personally approved sites, as in Internet Explorer.
        Not having pop-ups allowed is a deal breaker.
        This phone will be returned and exchanged for an Android based phone until Microsoft enables pop-ups in their OS.

Feedback and Knowledge Base