Please enter your feature suggestion...

FLAC music support

FLAC is the predominant lossless open source format. Windows Phone is unique among all the mobile OS to not have support

6,617 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

130 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EdEd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please have an update to support this format not only for the phone but also for Xbox One

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you cannot use the codec due to its license model, at least leave hooks that someone else can use.

• StephanStephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Microsoft,

Missing lossless support (in my case ALAC) keeps me from switching from iOS to Windows Phone.
        Is lossless support such a big deal?
        Please think about it :).

• Keith BartholomewKeith Bartholomew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add support for playing Flac or other high res music files on Windows phone 10.0.

Also add USB OTG support for portable headphone dac-amps

Micro USB "audio out"

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add FLAC support to windows phone. It's open source so there is no licensing involved.

• SPPVSPPV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes native FLAC and OGG support would be awsome. Its a pain to have to convert my music to 320 MP3 to use on my phone. Or else support MPC or VLC or (both) to do official versions for Windows Phone

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes there is a papa roach album which i have downloaded but windows phone doesn't support that why.

It does make a lot of sense to allow FLAC support for all windows phones. High res music streaming is great but we can't do it with windows phone.

Windows 10 is going to support FLAC files. Yes everybody, that is correct. C'mon windows phone please give us FLAC.

• I UI U commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WindowsPhone Devs - Please just do this. Flac is the standard for lossless and if we want to listen to our music in the way the artists intended - we are currently prevented from owning windows phones or we have to have a separate music player - not cool. The phones are the best on the market in every other respect - I am a 1520 owner with a 128GB card in it - I just need FLAC support. PLEASE just DO IT. Thanks in advance!

Don't line X-Box Music, so many good music apps out there next phone will not be a Windows phone!

• PetrPetr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WP 8 is ****. Lumia 920 is my first and last phone with that.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base