Please enter your feature suggestion...

Continue to use Zune for media sync in WP

The WP sync app/manual copy is inferior to Zune for syncing media. Return to Zune for syncing media, including playlists and play counts.

16,534 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    EntegyEntegy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1102 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back Zune! I've tried all of your substitutions and bought media monkey and nothing. I repeat NOTHING works as well as Zune did for syncing pictures and music. I realize that the "idea" is to put everything in the cloud BUT Microsoft please be aware that there are still places that the internet DOES NOT WORK let alone the cloud.

• Shawn BanksShawn Banks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring the Zune player back for windows pone. There are way to many problems with the way music syncs on WP8 to name.

• Yehia Abel SalamYehia Abel Salam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the zune media player was a cornerstone in desktop media players, why would u make me use VLC or the inferior iTunes to manage my library

• DenelleDenelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cmon Microsoft, I stayed true and copped the htc windows phone and have rocked windows for the last 7 years....where is the loyalty back, will you please bring back zune to sync!

• Daniel MarrettDaniel Marrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur with all this users, bring back Zune! the most beautiful and functional media management software ever created. I hangin on to my old Win 7 pc and my Win phone 7.8 because Xbox Music on my Win 8 tablet doesn't even come close. Microsoft, love your customers and they will love you back, else they will leave. Owner of Zune 120, Zune 8, and 2 Win 7.8 phones. I'm sorry that some dork in your company thinks that 16 year olds are your future with Xbox. Your loyal user base is us 50 somethings.

• KokoroKokoro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just so over the XBox Music app on my Lumia 920. We've gone from it crashing the phone last year to me needing to do an entire phone reset to get it functional. Now it still can't download unless I leave the lock screen turned off and it in the app and it still takes ages to resume.
        So that's the really bad stuff and I'm just about to dump the whole ecosystem and go completely elsewhere and cancel my music pass cause this is so utterly bad.
        The UI and UX is absolutely hideous compared to Zune, I had to update my laptop to Windows 8 just to sync it with Lumia 920 as they kill off the Win 7 Zune app. I won't let it within a sniff of my actual music collection as it screws it all up and not to mention, won't play back or sync properly on the desktop or web client after about 5pm in Australia and I've never understood why as my internet connection is fast 24x7.
        This is such an abomination of a music player and 2 years after complaining how bad it was to chat support compared to Zune, it stays as rubbish and gets worse. Seriously M$oft, you can't be making much money on it based on low Win 8 market share and users of Windows Phone are dropping. Can't you support the people who like the ecosystem with some actually functional software that puts users first instead of some of the most lousy implementation of nasty DRM the world has ever seen?
        Hmmm, Win 10 for desktop and phone better be good and a massive improvement to the music eco system cause I'm really close to sadly jumping ship and heading for android and spotify.

I too would like to see Zune back on my computer, tablet and phone.

Why did you try to integrate "Music" with "Games"? That was pretty short sighted. Xbox is associated with "gaming" for the most part, while Zune was mostly targeted towards a 'music specific' (I know that videos could also be added, but I didn't want to be redundant) and the merging of Xbox and Zune was IMHO a huge mistake. PLEASE BRING BACK THE ZUNE SOFTWARE AND POLISH IT UP A BIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring ZUNE back. I am the owner of a first generation zune which I bought the first week it debuted. I also own a zune hd. I been using the zune and it's software since the beginning. I've attempted to use itunes once but it didn't compare. Since recently since updating my devices, I've been struggling to continue to use the zune software because it just doesn't work seamlessly with most devices anymore. What a shame, Microsoft, the owner of the best media software available and it seems like they're too big to see it.

• Joseph TronconeJoseph Troncone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please I beg you, bring Zune back. It is so much better than iTunes even in its current version. 4.8 beats out iTunes 2015 hands down

• geminiman7geminiman7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know this is an old thread, but seriously, Microsoft needs to bring Zune back--but as the new Windows Media Player for Windows 10.

Zune was light years ahead of all other media player software on the market--and it's current old version from 2011 is still far better than iTunes 12 in 2015.

If Microsoft brought back an upgraded version of the "Zune" software and made it the replacement for Windows Media Player, this would be an effective competitor to iTunes (there currently is NO competitor) and would also really help Microsoft's footing in this arena.

There were also some REALLY cool things that Zune did - For example, if you play a song and wait a minute or so, a cool slideshow of the music artist would start playing along with other info pertaining to the song. I can't begin to count how many of my friends were super impressed by this feature when I had people by the house listening to music as I deejayed from Zune LOL.

Microsoft, PLEASE please bring back Zune (not the name, but ALL of the original the functionality). This would be the PERFECT next gen Windows Media Player.

Zune software needs to come back. Rebranding it to "xbox music" was completely stupid in my opinion. They should revamp the zune software with updated visuals, add win phone 8.1+ support, and add Windows store integration. Also change xbox music back to Zune for mobile. I still think its silly when I play music on my phone and it comes up as xbox music... Zune was a good brand and it's a shame they killed it off

• Geminiman7Geminiman7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft!! Bring back an EQUIVALENT to the Zune desktop software. Rename it..SOMETHING!!!

I absolutely ***HATE*** iTunes for managing music/media, but it's the only software out there now that comes close (it's still far, but closer) to the functionality that we need for managing media.

Zune was so perfect for managing media. Plus I absolutely LOVED how the artist info showed up while playing a song (with the cool effects and all). It's a shame you had to go and ***** it up with XBox Music, etc. You could have still kept it AND the new (and terrible) XBox software...

which is bad. syncing windows phone with your pc is terrible. windows media player crashes. you can't see the songs rating. lol. you are microsoft

• CarrieCarrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the ZUNE back!!! I can't stand Apple products and I don't use an XBOX. Please bring the Zune back!

• AnonyAnony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want ZUNE Music back. XBOX/Music on WP8.1 is a joke. Mad enough about it to almost ditch the whole platform and move to iTunes, which is ridiculous garbage only slightly better

← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56

Feedback and Knowledge Base