Please enter your feature suggestion...

Gives Windows Phone users a tool to clean up their phone

There are several problems due to the lack of file browser, or any cleaning tool for WP8.

I mean, for example, the "Other" section, visible in the storage settings, which doesn't stop growing, even if we uninstall apps.
It could be great if we could see what does it contains exactly, and delete some useless things (apps cache etc.)

Otherwise, a simple file browser could be interesting aswell.

12,547 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

This feature is now available in Windows Phone 8.

And as always, if you think this feature, or any other, needs improvement, be sure to create a new product suggestion so we can track it and other users can vote on your ideas. And while we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

254 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vivek KorakoppulaVivek Korakoppula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pls pls help us to clean app data as soon as possible... re installing an app is really a big head ache... pleaseeeeeeee

• Pabitra MukherjeePabitra Mukherjee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem still persists. Thanx for giving a file manager,but there is no way to clean 'others' folder. Please provide some sollution.

• S MS M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now available?? Where?!?!? Mr. Mobile Guru can you tell us? PLZ

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lumia 535 gets heated quickly...please try to solve this problem...otherwise it's nice phone....

• LidaLidaLidaLida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am happy owner of Lumia 720 with 1.33Gb of dark matter in TEMP file. You, guys, from MS reading this comments... You understand that there is NO feature in Windows Phone 8 as well as in 8.1 or program available from.... third party that can clean TEMP file? First time this topic was stated in 2012. Year 2015AD is around now. Why it is so big deal?

• anoop manoop m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My phone Lumia 720 phone memory is almost full. And It shows about 2.5 gb photos and about 1 gb videos inside phone memory in the Storage sensor app. But I could not found find those videos/photos in the phone memory to delete using Files application. Where is those items in my phone ? How could I delete it ?

• nandonando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem exactly here.
        This is seriously frustrating
        I have a Samsung ativ s whith wp 8.

This is a great OS, but the file architecture is deeply and fundamentally flawed. Who thought it was a good idea to permanently store everything that came through the apps? The majority of the data on my phone is just useless app junk, now. And clearing the temporary files is not the problem, the temporary files that you're able to delete in the latest version are nothing compared to the group that shows up as "media and files." It's just "Other" files with a new heading.

Taking away user autonomy in deleting files is not a good solution to piracy, Windows. That's the only reason I could think of not to build in some kind of access to those files is if they were trying to prevent users from copying cached sound and video.

**** windows phone I'm going back to android ur surface windows computer suck so I should have known ur phones would suck *** to this phone us nothing but a pretty piece of **** my phone storage is filling up and I'm not even downloading **** FIX THIS **** OR IM GOING BACK TO ANDROID WHERE **** WORKS CORRECTLY UGGGGH

I have facing same issue in others pho used 3.1 gb memory so every time pho show message low space.please help out frm this type of problem

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base