Please enter your feature suggestion...

We do NOT want Android apps on WP

Really a horrible idea just to think about putting Android apps on the UI of Windows Phone. The UI is unique, and the apps should be as well.
The person(s) at MS coming up with this idea should be ashamed of themselves!!

13,192 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ØJØJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

639 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TinoTino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be the death of the platform, as no one would program new native Apps.

And Microsoft should be an example of creating apps for WP.

Unfortunately, they want to please other platforms more than WP.
        I have created a suggestion for this annoying situation:
        "Microsoft's own apps should target WP first"
        here:
        https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/6316790-microsoft-s-own-apps-should-target-wp-first

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been there, done that. Used a blackberry z10 for a while to get the idea that porting android apps is pretty lame and hazardous... Its a joy kill.. Seriously Microsoft?

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unless they're planning to completely replace windows phone app development with porting android apps, which I highly doubt is the case, this is ludicrous. I've had 3 windows phones in a row and do not plan to switch because I love them, but it's hard to evangelize WP to my friends when I can't do things like Snapchat. There is a beautiful third-party snapchat client, but Snapchat doesn't approve and permanently locked my account for using it.

As unfortunate as it is, WP market share is not yet to a level that motivates the highest trending apps to hire .net developers to create WP apps and having android apps ported over would at least be a nice stop-gap. Unless Microsoft is going to pay big bucks to motivate companies, like I figure they did for Netflix.

If this were to happen though, I would definitely hope for either a completely separate app store or a distinct section of the store that you navigate to so you know what you're getting.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean not any Android apps - I hate Android malwares and obviously don't want that to spread on WP platform

• Anon AdderlanAnon Adderlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know what? I completely agree that the WP design language and development tools are superior to Android (and even Apple for that matter) and that native apps should be preferred, but saying you don't want access to thousands of existing apps because they're 'android' is just deeply stupid, and making that choice for ME the height of overbearing entitlement.

Having access to the Android ecosystem would increase user mindshare (many like myself are eager to jump ship, if only WP ran just a handful of Android apps) AND competition (developers like myself are MORE likely to write equivalent native apps if they see enough people using WP and how popular the Android versions of those apps are, not less).

If you're worried this will kill interest in developing for WP, guess what? Most developers are already developing with cross platform tools (such as HTML5, Qt, Unity, and Xamarin) as opposed to native, and vendors WANT their apps to look/feel the same on all platforms, sometimes doing so well that I dare users to tell which platform an app was written for.

But HTML5 is an official WP platform, Unity and Xamarin are.net platforms, and the current VS provides better development tools for Android than even Google. Because when has running more apps on more platforms ever hurt Microsoft? Did Cygwin kill Windows? Did Java kill Windows? Did HTML5 kill Windows? Did Office for Mac kill Windows? Out of all the things that are hurting Microsoft, supporting multiple platforms has NEVER been one of them. On the contrary.

Being cross platform is NOT what's keeping developers from targeting WP. The ones I know (including myself) are EAGER to start contributing, if only Microsoft didn't keep pulling the **** rug out from under us. That being the case I'm really curious as to how many votes and comments here are from developers, as opposed to more tribally motivated users who would rather spend their votes on REDUCING WP functionality as opposed to increasing/reenabling it.

• FeredFered commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But it's good idea for games! port android games to windows phone, not apps.

Some expected results of Porting/allowing/placing Android apps on windows phone platform
        0. increase in number of apps
        1. decrease in number of windows developers
        2. decrease in developers interest in windows(which will be a blow, a big big blow to microsoft)
        3. it will kill the development of windows platform
        4. say goodbye to universal apps, windows 10 apps, xbox apps,
        5. say goodbye to windows developers interest in windows as a platform
        if microsoft wants android apps on windows, better kill off windows operating system and adopt(fork) android like amazon or any chinese company!

• VirajViraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey I oppose this as on the other side doors gor developing new and better apps will be opened for developers with thier incomes increasing with the increase in market of wp with android apps
        An example my father loves everything on the wp but still has to use an android device as he can get better apps on it

• asagsgaasagsga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft avoid android apps on windows phone altogether to save windows development and developers + to keep windows alive!

• sbgsbg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature doesn't hurts the users as much as it hurts Microsoft and its developers who are developing apps for Windows. So Microsoft please think before you make this move. Don't shoot yourself in your own feet.

Trying to get more customers by adding this stupid feature you may end up losing your current customers!!! + you will definitely kill off windows development and say bye bye to windows operating system future as not even a single developer will commit to windows + say bye bye to visual studio, who in the modern app development world would use visual studio?? no one! no one will be using csharp/xaml in visual studio... visual studio will still be used but only for asp.net/wpf etc. Please save yourselves and get developers on board, make windows 10 awesome, make development very easy i.e. universal apps are the future, NOT ANDROID APPS!!!!

Microsoft kindly use your brains! Who even came of this stupid idea, if CEO was still Ballmer, he would have fired the person coming up with this idea. Please avoid this at all costs!!! Even if Ballmer was not a visionary, he had common sense in him, and knew Google is evil, and he would never ever decide to put android/google malware apps on beautiful windows phone. Show some faith Microosft. To get more customers you may end up losing your current customers!!!
        "A Bird in the Hand is Better than Two in the Bush"

Nooooooooooooooo....Android is ****.

No android user switch to wp only this android apps,but many many wp user switch to android/ios it it comes this trash to wp

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32

Feedback and Knowledge Base