Please enter your feature suggestion...

We do NOT want Android apps on WP

Really a horrible idea just to think about putting Android apps on the UI of Windows Phone. The UI is unique, and the apps should be as well.
The person(s) at MS coming up with this idea should be ashamed of themselves!!

13,997 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ØJØJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

669 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

use and help developers with UNIVERSAL APPs.
        Why the **** we have to use APKs ?
        no way Microsoft, use the "astoria resources" on another good project (ex. Skype / Maps / Cortana / etc..)

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no one said that Windows Phone was getting Android apps, so this is a non-sequitur suggestion.

What is happening in Windows 10 through "Project Astoria" is the ability to bring Android apps to Windows Phone easily, with very little code change, using the standard Android toolset. The idea is to make it so easy to also do the Windows 10 app that there is no reason not to. The app will also be capable of running on all the Windows platforms, not just desktops, or tablets or phones, but all of them.

One can debate whether it is "best" to have a "Windows Phone style" app, or not, but the fact is if we had the apps that people want, then it would drive adoption, and then the app makers would have a voting user base to tell them to make them "Windows Phone style", and to keep that larger user base happy, they would.

Overall, user voice is not good for negative suggestions, because the voting system gets turned all around.
        I think that negative subjects are ignored by development teams because they really give no direction. Overall, development teams want to prioritize work and they cannot do that based on negative suggestions.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Accept the facts, Windows Phone store has a HUGE gap to fill in, what better way to do that in adopting the missing apps that are allready there...... although being Android!

I know I would be thrilled to implement some of my favourite Android apps on my new Lumia 640 XL...!!

• Noruzenchi86Noruzenchi86 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android apk is fine to have but add an option to show Android apps on the store, default to only WP apps otherwise.

Wake up bro.. just wake up...this bloody fu***cking apps of windows are insufficient android apps are classic

android apps on WP is actually a good idea. it can a lot more apps to the store so i no longer have to worry about an app not being in the store.

• priyankpriyank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think we should go for ios store.bcz it has quality apps.if Microsoft thinks about to convert ios to wp app.it would be better as compare to murge android to wp store.

• PedroPedro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You shouldn't say things like this. If we wanna be bigger on the marketplace, this would be a bad move. I don't like Android, seems like too materialistic even when it's free. So, if we're able to bring those users from android, including developers, our system grows and it will better increasingly. My biggest worry is the way it runs. I don't know, seems like a huge task to deal with.

Don't think so! Were the applications portable it were OK.
        Only I wouldn't like to see the Apps ported from Android make the system run sloooow.

It will make Windows Phone app developers going to android to save time, as they can just get their android app running on windows phone. It's a shame! We just want good windows phone apps!

• AtulAtul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stupid move Ms. If this turns out to be true then i am moving to iPhone. Always hated android so iPhone is the only way to go

• IO GuruIO Guru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is PURE STUPID!
        we don't want the cheap Android crApps on Windows and Windows phones!!!
        Windows platforms are far more superior to the rusty green p*ssing MF!
        if Microsoft allow this nonsense, Windows platforms will be killed by lazy developers, ignorant people and flappy kids!
        it is a shame in technology history how real technologies like Windows will be killed by a super dumped down toys like F*rt-Void and iO:$
        well, it's no surprise why people became more stupid and r*tarded over time...
        /end of my rant.

• WarpathWarpath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What are we to do if a developer doesn't want to bring their app to Windows Phone?

• Paul Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

God awful idea. It is one of those ideas that pencil pushers and suits think will save the day but, in reality it will fail at every level. Apps will run slower, more apps will fail creating a bad user experience and bad reputation for Windows Phone, unseen issues double the complication of dealing with two ecosystems running on the same platform, a Frankenstein UI experience, developers losing interest or need to take advantage of Windows Phone features directly.

This will be a boon to iOS for all those former WP moving to that system :(

IBM with OS/2 trying to run Windows and most recently Blackberry trying to do this very same thing are examples of this idea failing. Now if we see a true write once, compile to multiple platforms with Visual Studio that would be a winner.

• Don CombsDon Combs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't do it!!!!!!! Go with universal like you've been talking about. Make it easy for developers to port an app from Apple or Android they've already designed to Windows. Feature full and feature rich. If This horrible idea comes to pass I gotta go Apple. Please don't make me do it.

• benben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started to develop for Windows. If you do that I give up

What are they thinking? Seriously...

As a happy owner of a Moto X, I've got nothing at all against Android and the good work that devs do on the platform, but that doesn't mean I necessarily want to use Android apps on Windows. This is a destructive choice, it will lead to the erosion of native software...

... I'm scared now...

It does not mather! Why?because of picturesque,i suspect ms will surprise a lot of people, a way to code on android and all windows?a Bing desktop has powerfull as most operathing system?include picturesque and its obvious it does not Mather.why?because dev will code with the m's engine and in so doing code for window,w10 number won't be split in the futur.we ll know m's sold gazillion of w10 OS .all plateform included.so m's will be able to say they are number two on tablet and smartphone and desktop .this should cheer investot.(beurk)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34

Feedback and Knowledge Base