Please enter your feature suggestion...

Do not change Photos Hub style in Windows Phone 8.1

Please do not remove the panorama style of the photos hub currently implemented on Windows Phone 8. This is one of the few things which distinguishes the Windows Phone platform from other OS's. The new pictures app in 8.1 is just a pivot app and is disappointedly lacking in design, compared to what we have currently. At least include an option to add a background picture.

41,800 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LukeLuke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back the original photos hub in 8.1  ·   · 

174 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you insane?This circles are ridiculous,just keep the normal,square,photos,I never saw a circular photo,as much a oval one,in my grandmother ages.

Is that what happened?! Those circle designs are from the iPhone contact designs? This new build of windows 10 phones I am not liking too much and one of the things I really don't like (I'm sorry Microsoft) is the circular icons for contacts. It just goes against how everything is square with windows phone. What's next live circles? Please no, lets be consistent and stay with everything square. I am happy contact picture is back in messaging but not a fan of the new people hub and circular icons

• Lucas TerziLucas Terzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only this!

And refforcing:

The HUB PEOPLE was cloned shamelessly from iPhone and is definitely the worst part of this change, is ridiculous. Also see no need in to make round icons on / off (another clone) and hope revise the lack of the function to roll to the side on some screens, such as the dial.

Why no just make the storyteller app faster, change name to photos and make it default.......its perfect...even has the option to choose folders..

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to see photos app to work like the *start screen* on windows phone. Small, medium, large size. It will be cool.

• Pankaj ShawPankaj Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where has the filmstrip view gone in 8.1? Zooming out of a photo gave a flimstrip view to quickly swipe between photos

• Geo Jis MathewGeo Jis Mathew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys if you want something done search for the suggestion for it with most votes and chote for it. You can find it simply by typing in keywords in the suggestion text field. We can only get the developer's attention by putting our votes together as one. If we divide the votes among multiple suggestions on the same thing, there's no use.

Dude move your x rated pics to downloads and they wont show up in your pictures live tile

• Aravind RajAravind Raj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many things in windows phone 8 were changed to BAD in 8.1 ....
        1) Photos app...is the main one. I used to pin the Photos on start because when it opens it does not show every photo instantly in WP 8. And the live tile only shows favorite photos.
        Now in 8.1, i am scared to do that cause when the photos app opens it shows every thing(including my private moments with my gf) AND the live tile shows all that **** from whats app. I am hiding my phone now cause my friends, family would not take it by accident.

2) And the call history.... if somebody called you 10 times and he started from morning...you only see the last call details when you look at it..... or else you have to expand it.... i kind of liked the old way.....10 calls listed in red color...wow you get that feeling that it was an important call.

• BiswajitBiswajit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least make the Windows 10 photos app like this: http://imgur.com/a/0CVqg

Without the hamburger menu! Use the app bar, the pivot, with the original style metro app bar icons (the new ones are thin and aren't circled like metro buttons should be), and panoramas.

Microsoft isn't getting enough users so it wants existing users also to abandon the platform. Hub features were great, they were the heart of windows phone. We want photos hub back. Listen SATYA NADELA if is really mobile first then count all these votes and listen to the users. We are the ones who are preserving windows phone.

• Kaiser HarukariKaiser Harukari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really? I actually prefer going directly to my photos, not having to go through some crazy panoramic interface just so I can quickly find a photo.

I really don't think it should go back to what it was in windows phone 7. It was just horrible then in terms of functionality and how quickly you could navigate through photos.

Over 20000 votes and her i d i o t s changes the photo app. The new app is so ugly and poor with this fu cking Hamburger menu!!!

!Every 2.entry criticized the new android UI, finally listens to your fans and customers!

• YogeshYogesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Support this....please restore that panorama view of photos hub...it looks so good !!!

earlier i use to flaunt this photo view style to my brother having an iPhone !!

• RyderRyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft thanks again for destroying my windows phone experience, in your quest for more sales and a better operating system you have achieved neither, in fact you are alienating those that believed in the OS. Stop ruining what was an amazingly fluid and user friendly experience. The new android-esque interfaces that are growing like cancer in WP have ruined the experience. Many of us want it back to how it was, with hubs and pivot screens. Why do you persist with these unwanted changes? If things don't revert and some of what has been taken away is restored I will be reverting to Android.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base