Please enter your feature suggestion...

Remove games from the apps list

Remove the games from the apps list. In Wp 8 they are in Games Hub but in WP8.1 is in the apps list and make a really confusion. Please games only in Games Hub.

23,312 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ítalo Emanoelítalo Emanoel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

Thank you for this suggestion. However, based on feedback from other customers to improve discoverability, we felt that the best way was to allow users to find downloaded games in the Games Hub and All Apps List

378 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dr J. SmithDr J. Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 10 isn't for all of us, but for each of us.

Show Apps Show Games Show Both. How hard would that be?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really irritating . I have basically stopped using apps as it is such a hassle finding them . Last WP for me.

• FaustoFausto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded · Aug 28, 2014

Thank you for this suggestion. But my Apple and Google masters wanted this feature to ***** Windows Phone users...

• shaunshaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It annoys me every day that all the apps and games are mixed in together (yes it is petty but it really does bug me every single day)

I would love to see the option to either swipe 2 times from the right to get to games (1swipe for apps) or to be able to only show them in the games hub. This was one of the biggest suggestions here in 8.1 until we were told they are staying in the app list. So why not give an OPTION to keep both camps happy.

• James VincentJames Vincent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's far too annoying, forcing me to uninstall most of my games, just so that I can remember the app I have installed that were buried in the mess.

Mobile Guru is an Apple employee whose mission is to destroy the beautiful experience that Windows Phone is and turn it into another lagdroid...
        Just a question "Guru": How much money Apple pays you?
        Or is it Scroogle the one who's paying you for the sabotage?
        Just be honest and maybe, just maybe we'll have some respect for you, just don't be a coward and stop hiding behind your "Admin" status...

• BizattsBizatts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about giving an option and the ones who actually post and vote here care more than the average consumer.Who wants their app list blown up by games "Oh that's a great idea, we should put them in apps and game and not give them an option"

• Niavlys77Niavlys77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, what's the point in this site if you just override our feedback with decisions based on "other customers" feedback?

Do you not see the irony here?

Just because of feedback from "other" customers...pathetic how you guys make decisions. How about asking your real base users instead of these so-called "other customers".

If your team were smart, you would have kept the old way as an option, if you really wanted to make this change permanent.

Completed? What kind of bull**** is this? Declined is NOT the same as Completed.

We want the option - it's a cluttered, unorganized mess, and you guys completely f****d up the Games Hub just alongside this. Seriously, you guys really screwed up with this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im sorry but you guys didn't get the idea here, we want an OPTION to hide games from the APPLICATIONS(hear that? AP-PLI-CA-TIONS, NOT GAMES) list, simply as that, why do you need to side with a group of users? is there anyone qualified as an adult working here? add the option to hide/show games on the app list and done, both parties happy

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us the option to hide games from the app list.

My phone is fantastic but having games in the app list irritates me every day.

I can no longer select a letter and go straight to an app as most letters have more than one screen full of apps and games.

• PreethamPreetham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incorrectly marked as completed .. You should mention it as Declined

• Serhiy PazelskyySerhiy Pazelskyy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is silly. I cant even delete a game in game menu now. Have to go to apps and look for it! Please, return to the way it was in 8

Mobile Guru with respect to your "opinion"... but you work for Apple. the answer to this issue really showed me that you are not a MS employed but a foreign saboteur...
        First your "team" broke the Music+Video hub, and then the Games hub...
        Is Apple paying you just enough to ruin the WP user experience?
        Who or what are those "other customers" you talk about?
        Your Apple masters?

• Rita TavaresRita Tavares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hubs are what make WP different from the others!
        hubs keep things organized and clear
        I also never eard anyone complained about having games in the hub!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the highest-voted requests on here; how is it that our opinion is less valid than the opinions of those who wanted games in the apps list? I've never once heard someone say they had trouble finding their games. Heck, there's a big tile on the home screen that says "GAMES"! If someone can figure out how to download games, they can surely figure out how to play them. At least give us an option!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base