Please enter your feature suggestion...

Shortcut for Bing Vision

When Cortana replaced the WP8 Search the bing vision shortcut disappeared. You now have to dig through camera and change the lens to get Bing Vision to scan bar codes and such. Please put a shortcut to Bing Vision either on the Cortana screen (next to the music search would be fine) or provide a mechanism to pin Bing Vision to the start.

5,781 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael WoodMichael Wood shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason GomezJason Gomez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been added in the Windows Phone 10 Preview? If it hasn't, there is no point in making suggestions on this website, as Microsoft is not listening!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Second that! Too many steps to just scan a QR- or barcode to use it on a daily basis.

• Joyang MaiJoyang Mai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please, Bing Vision is something I used to use it every day, but since it's several more clicks away I feel discouraged to use it.

• Jared Pickerell - Troy Public SchoolsJared Pickerell - Troy Public Schools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with James in that barcode scanning is very beneficial. You can do quick pricing and product lookups and comparisons in ab instant. Having this functionality easily available through Cortana or the old Bing Vision interface would be very much appreciated.

If memory serves me, we had this functionality back with the Microsoft Tag reader for Windows Mobile (still have things that work better on my trusty old WM 6.4 HD2 than on a new WP 8/8.1 device).

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please restore barcode scanning to Bing Vision. That's what I used it for, and barcodes are infinitely more useful and ubiquitous to the great majority of the human race than QR Codes. Removing barcode scanning means Bing Vision is worthless to most people. Please put that back where it was.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was a major feature for me. I don't understand why you broke it and stripped it down. Did someone complain that the feature was there?

• Jonathan AdamsJonathan Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed. Just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get to it. It's needlessly complicated. They kept the music search with the icon near the top, why not put an eye icon near the top as well? Seems like a big oversight to remove the way people are accustomed to getting to something.

• pmbAustinpmbAustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And restore Bing Vision to what it used to be. Heck, try and out "Fire Phone" the Amazon Fire Phone's ability to just look at something and figure out what it is, and get you information about it. I don't mean auto-link to Amazon naturally, but just be able to do some sort of matching or look-ups above and beyond what the old Bing Vision used to support. DON'T GO BACKWARDS HERE.

• Adam BoltAdam Bolt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree. Would also like to see a short cut that allows access to the original Bing search page and Bing Vision

• munafarmunafar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need bing vision to scan QR code immediately. I don't want waste my time to open default camera and I don't want to add any third party apps in my phone.

I suggest single tap will open then bing vision and double tap or long tap will open the cortana.

• Mudassir MehmoodMudassir Mehmood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pin Bing Vision to Start. That would be even great. Just 1 tap away. Before, it was 2.

And besides that, we are not requesting a new feature. Its already there, just need a shortcut.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base