Please enter your feature suggestion...

Bring back the notification pane on the Me tile

The new action centre does not show the full text of mentions on twitter, it doesn't include the Facebook close circle updates, and it doesn't preserve the history so you can't easily go back to review notifications later. Please bring back the notification pane on the Me tile as an option to show these again

1,933 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mary BranscombeMary Branscombe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • JaggaJagga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring this but not in "ME" but in People Hub with new Pivot named "Notification"

• adarnellbadarnellb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The social integration feature in the Me Tile was excellent. It truly was a discriminator and made WP unique. My wife loved this feature on her phone as much as I did. What other way can our opinion be voiced to bring this feature back. I've been with Windows Phone since WP Mobile 5. Not sure why Microsoft continuously does things like this. Why change something that worked so well. The notification tile can happily coexist with the previous Me Tile.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We didn't need a notification center. If one knew how to set up their tiles, that was enough. WIndows needs to create an app which replaces the old Message Hub as well. Skype is not that replacement. Now, we just have Android with tiles

• RyderRyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the full integration and functionality of the ME tile, I am never going to like or prefer the notification centre and this app centric way of working that is now forced on users. Why does MSFT insist on destroying everything that was good about WP?????

• NateNate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stunning that they would remove the Me tile integration. That was THE great thing I found when I finally went to a smartphone.

• Phillip MaguirePhillip Maguire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remember the street videos when WP arrived showing off how quickly you could take, tag and upload a photo to FB. It was one of the big selling points and part of what made WP so refreshing. Then they remove it.

Also a pain that you can no longer add comments to photos in the 'rooms' making the feature largely redundant now.

I think the losses outweigh the gains in WP 8.1
        Feels like just another smartphone now.

• Martin HorníkMartin Horník commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tiles work so much better for notifications than the new notification center. One step forward two steps back Microsoft...

I LOVED this feature! I used to check it regularly for updates. Now, it's pretty much a useless live tile on my phone. It was probably the one feature I used the most. Please bring it back!

• Jerry WrightJerry Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely the most unique and coolest part of Windows Phone was being able to post from the Me tile. Having the Facebook app open every time is slow and frustrating. If the goal is to make me use Facebook less, then you've made goal.

I agree ...

The main advantage of windows phone in social side was to check the notifications from the me hub .. People don't have to go online or open the facebook app to check the notifications. It was the best feature of the phone . I miss it very much ever since I updated my Lumia to windows phone 8.1 . This is the most disappointing feature of the phone .

Hope we get the Notifications pane back on me hub in the next update

• MogsMogs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring it back!!! I miss Me tile notifications on the live tile and inside the hub. Hopefully in GDR2...

• Samuel ArmstrongSamuel Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree... this makes the Me hub somewhat useless...moving in and out of the face book app is laborious and time consuming much better to be able to reply right from the Me Hub.

Removing the Me Tile notifications has made windows 8.1 a real let down. I hate having to go into all the individual apps. That was the main reason I stayed with a windows phone and didn't go over to apple/android. Very disappointed

• AGSAGS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very very pityful, almost a shame, to notice that the "me" hub is gone in WP 8.1
        This option was precisely the distinction with other types of OS!!
        As to the social media integration, this is a major drawback!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was the best thing about wp. I really want to downgrade to 8. I DO NOT want to open the facebook app for every glib comment I make, the way it was before was perfect!

• VinzVinz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you remove this useful and distinctive feature which is your ++++ compare to android/ios? There are so many useful features copied from other OS, but why you need to remove past useful features.. That's beyond my logic, Microsoft..

• kalmkalm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bring back the Integration
        seriously guys I have owned used and loved
        the Omnia 7
        lumia 800
        lumia 900
        lumia 920
        all amazing phones now with my new 1020 on 8.1
        no facebook chat in messaging ripped off
        allways been a fan of windows phone because its all in one none of this open facebook app to facebook might as well go out and buy an iphone now they have more apps
        massive massive step backwards fix it or this will be my last windows phone

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base