Fix keyboard problems in WP 8.1
Windows Phone 8.1 Preview keyboard has loads of stepback for some languages. Italian, French and Swiss keyboard are unusable compared to Windows Phone 8 keyboard.
There are also issues with the keyboard structure itself.
Please fix them before the final release!
- General problem: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c4363b39-c569-4030-bc56-21c1287bce14/keyboard-comma-bug?forum=winphoneosissues
- Italian: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5ef01530-d627-4d3c-a674-2b29b61c170f/italian-keyboard-and-suggestions?forum=winphoneosissues
- French: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f5d576cc-dbab-41f0-b2cc-94e9e2bffbeb/french-keyboards-quibbles?forum=winphoneosissues
- Swiss: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e19f8a86-009e-4105-b1d3-281d30169f88/swiss-keyboard?forum=winphoneosissues
jérôme tieler commented
we are september 2015, microsoft knows the problem from thousands of complaints, yet still no accents in the french layout
if you don't use the autocorrect feature there is no way to write grammatically correct french - and it seems the problem is the same in german, italian and spanish - microsoft is increasingly becoming a US nombrilistic, not to say a pure colonialist, company.
it's a stupid and way below industry par software unless one agrees that this is the new microsoft performance level
The"+"-sign is no longer an option in the userdictionary on Danish versions of the Lumiaphones. It diapeared with cyan-update and has been gone since!
- As already said: In german there are many chars missing in the char context menu. Only the most common one in german language are available (see Ciccarelli below)
- The colon is missing in the char context menu of the dot. As this is the most important sign beside dot and comma, it is crucial to have it there as it is in wp 7.5. It is very unhandy to go to the numbers sector and only find it there. It makes me always loose time when typing
Alessandro Ciccarelli commented
i have same problems wit the german layout too. In english or italian i.e. wenn i long press on o, a, e u etc. it will be shown also the german chars like ö, ä, ü, or even è, é etc. but not with the german layout! Very strange behavior. When i write an italian word with the german layout firstly i have to switch to the italian/english layout to write an é or è or ò etc. and then i can wrote the word withot errors. Of course i could always use the ita/eng layout, but they have the Z and Y switched and then i think such a function shuld be available also in the german layout!
No way to add new word in Greek dictionary as you can do with wp8.0 or English language
saul valderrama commented
Make the keyboard layout universal through out apps. On some apps the microphone option is unavailable
Martin Smrt commented
The same in Czech, words with accented letters are sometimes ignored or pushed down in suggestions.
E.g. typing "pan" suggests 4 other longer words before "pán"
Rob Mark commented
How about a tab key to cycle through fields while using the keyboard. Then you don't have to exit the keyboard to tap on the next field just to bring the keyboard up again.
Keyboard is incompete. Serbian and so on. Some letters are droped.
Martin Horník commented
Also Slovakian keyboard is too narrow. English keyboard has much more space. And the Slovakian autocorrect doesn't work on every third word....
Make standard QWERTZ keyboard for slovenian language.
And make č, ž, š accessible by longpressing c, z, s.
Masset Christian commented
Hello, I am concerned about the slowness of my favorite editor, I see that in April already, it says claims for Swiss French keyboard, a big problem QWERTZ, and to date 25 September 2014, the problem still exists. My question, will we have a usable keyboard.
Thank you for your attention and best regards.
This is a regression from WP8, it is a bug and not an enhancement, we shouldn't have to vote for it.
I think it is great that the space button is bigger and that Microsoft moved the comma button.
In french, Ça means that.
Va means go.
... For example when you type "ca", you want the word "ça" but it is automatically corrected by "va".