Please enter your feature suggestion...

Add a timer app, stopwatch and a built in audio recorder

Please add a built in timer and a stopwatch app or get it integrated with the current Alarms app.

Also please add a system app for recording audio instead of having to depend on a 3rd party app for it.

5,792 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    boosboos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MunKiMunKi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be happy if they just brought over the Alarm /stopwatch/timer from the PC windows 8.1. Works well and is good to look at

• DaylenDaylen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the new alarm app and sound recorder in Win. 10 for phones. However, I still wish it could record calls.

• ANTANT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Btw, Microsoft has released a new Alarm app for windows 10, which has alarm+timer+stopwatch+worldclock. It'd definitely be coming to phones as that's universal.

Recorder is still missing, along with a universal ms paint app.
        But till then 'perfect recorder' is quite useful.

• BillyBilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think they should also add the ability to uninstall pre installed apps that I don't use, Such as "Podcasts" "Wallet" and "FM Radio" I rarly use them, and its kinda annoying seeing them all the time. I can see not being able to uninstall "contacts" and "phone" because its something that just plain cant be uninstalled. But I'd like to see an uninstall button on Podcasts and FM Radio, I don't use them.

• Matthew SheetsMatthew Sheets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, Cortana needs the ability to add a true timer, not an alarm.

Also, alarms are frustrating on Cortana as you can quickly reach a limit of the number of alarms you have set up. Perhaps having alarms set up via Cortana be 'self-destructing' would be one way of mitigating this, as well as separating out timers and making it much easier to delete alarms en masse.

These apps should be universal between Windows and Windows Phone. If well done, the ability to *optionally* have shared timers, alarms across devices could be very cool. It would need to be optional though, especially with alarms.

Also, Cortana needs the ability to add a true timer, not an alarm.

Also, alarms are frustrating on Cortana as you can quickly reach a limit of the number of alarms you have set up. Perhaps having alarms set up via Cortana be 'self-destructing' would be one way of mitigating this, as well as separating out timers and making it much easier to delete alarms en masse.

These apps should be universal between Windows and Windows Phone. If well done, the ability to *optionally* have shared timers, alarms across devices could be very cool. It would need to be optional though, especially with alarms.

Biggest thing for me is that this application: (1) is not interrupted by reminders while recording (very frustrating when trying to record something longer) and (2) that the files are unobfuscated for easier access and by default are backed up to OneDrive. The app likely should just create a SoundRecorder or Recordings file in Documents/Music on OneDrive for easy access on any device by any application. The current requirement to email to share or stand losing all of your files upon a refresh is very broken.

• KenKen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good Voice Recorder will be very useful like for recording lectures or seminars or presentations. Thank you.

• KenKen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you can add in a Calculator into Windows 10 Phone as well.

• Jeff TranJeff Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i talked to a microsoft rep, they might do this for the next update coming end of the year (patch update)

• gregjhartmangregjhartman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alarm App & Cortana - Add Stopwatch, Countdown, Intervals, etc. all with Cortana integration for Windows and Windows Phone

* Stopwatch and Countdown Timers: Add timer features with options to: beep every X minutes of active timer; set recurrence patterns; etc.

Integrate with Cortana: "Cortana, add a countdown to the Alarm app weekdays at 11:30AM." Add Cortana response prompts for options.

* Top-of- the-hour Chime: Add an option to play a sound at the top, bottom, and/or quarter hour. Add options for active time frame, recurrence patterns, override Quiet Hours, etc..

Integrate with Cortana: "Cortana, enable an hourly chime in the Alarm app on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10AM to 4PM." Add Cortana response prompts for options.

* Expand on Alarm groups: "All" is currently the only group. Add feature to add/edit/delete custom groups. Example: Business, Home, Kids, School. (Similar to groups on Start screen.)

Integrate with Cortana: "Cortana, add a 3 o'clock alarm for this coming Monday in the Kids group." Add Cortana response prompts to provide Alarm name, group, recurrence, etc.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base